Special black Viper?

80sguy

Hey Gang, new to this forum. I just purchased a 2004 Viper ER ( I think it is an ER anyway). It has a solid black hood, with no decals or anything. The guy I bought it from didn't know much about sleds, what you said he was told that it was a special edition all black Viper with a limited number produced. Has anybody heard of this? If it does not appear as if this light has ever been wrecked in any way. I was thinking that maybe someone just bought a new hood and didn't buy decals to go with it? Any help ewould be appreciated

The '04 was available as a mountain, S and ER. The S and ER were both black. The S had red graphics and the ER had grey.

Thanks for the responses. I am guessing that this is the original Hood, just somebody took the decals off to make it look "cooler". The reason I think it's an ER is because it has electric start and reverse. I don't know the difference between the ER and the S model. It has a can on it which I doubt was Factory

Normal reasons why the hood has no decals is that the original got damaged, and when replacing it, they did not opt to buy all the decals to replace them.
Course, all black is cool for sure, but I am a little biased.. lol

Other things to look for are the S has Ohlin clicker shocks which are gold colored and red trim on the seat. The ER has grey trim at the bottom of the seat.

Thanks. Again. I will check it out or Friday when I pick it up and see if I have those S features. I don't recall seeing them but I could be wrong. Keep you posted thanks for all the help. Can't wait to ride it and, you should do 100mph easy I am told.

Back