ovaton secondary clutch preload

vx700xtc

I pulled clutch for first time. Didnt realize these clutches come apart on removal. Not sure how much twist to put on before engaging the helix. HELP!!!!!, please.

Very self explanatory. One end of the spring goes into the clutch, other end goes into the helix, add the 2 numbers up, that’s your twist. Once Spring is in both holes, just twist clockwise, and drop it down on the studs at the first available position. So if you put the spring in number 3 in the clutch, and 3 on the helix, that is a 60 degree twist. 3+3=6

PITA to reassemble! It worked much better with the 120 twist!

Yea they are a pain. Remember too.. If you ever need/want to the complete 485 Phazer drive is a direct bolt in for the Ovation. Jackshaft, chain case and drive shaft bolt in with no modifications. This allows for more clutching options and the ability to use a 2.52 pitch track.

opsled

help

Yea they are a pain. Remember too.. If you ever need/want to the complete 485 Phazer drive is a direct bolt in for the Ovation. Jackshaft, chain case and drive shaft bolt in with no modifications. This allows for more clutching options and the ability to use a 2.52 pitch track.

opsled

Digging up an old thread, my secondary on one of my Ovations EXPLODED.

Can I put an old phazer jackshaft and secondary right in? Or do I have to swap chaincase too?

Going to be hunting for used parts so just want help clarifying what I need.

THANKS!!

Back