Power inc triple pipes on a 97 sx 700

Yamitriple

I was wondering what people could tell me about these pipes, I have it jetted and clutches according to the. Setup sheet found on this site. Jetting seems funny tho, can anyone explain why they jet down on the PTO from stock? Pto 143.8 center 145 mag 145??edit they are center dumps btw

Last edited:

I was wondering what people could tell me about these pipes, I have it jetted and clutches according to the. Setup sheet found on this site. Jetting seems funny tho, can anyone explain why they jet down on the PTO from stock? Pto 143.8 center 145 mag 145??edit they are center dumps btw

The PTO is the cold side..this is very common and I am sure its how that certain pipe and cylinder scavenges compared to stock single

The PTO is the cold side..this is very common and I am sure its how that certain pipe and cylinder scavenges compared to stock single

I appreciate the help also I was wondering if turks tuning tips for the power inc pipes are for the center dumps? I feel like it should be because of his recommendations for jetting compared to power incs. Own set up.

I appreciate the help also I was wondering if turks tuning tips for the power inc pipes are for the center dumps? I feel like it should be because of his recommendations for jetting compared to power incs. Own set up.

You can run 145 all way across but you would have to check plug color and piston wash on some WOT pulls to see if its fat. It can loose HP fast when its not heating the pipe correctly.

Why would the jetting for these pipes be the opposite of the stock single pipe jets? (pto145, center 143.8, mag 143.8 )

Last edited:
You can run 145 all way across but you would have to check plug color and piston wash on some WOT pulls to see if its fat. It can loose HP fast when its not heating the pipe correctly.

I will tune and post again when temps get low. Hopefully it’s close, pipe builder says that set up should be good till -10 so it should be fat. Hope they make better power than stock, doesn’t seem like it could add much if I’m not required to jet up much.

Those are all around great pipes. Ill have to take a look at my notes... I think im running 147.5s but I've got little different setup with a tempa-flo.

Those are all around great pipes. Ill have to take a look at my notes... I think im running 147.5s but I've got little different setup with a tempa-flo.

I had a 150 pto 145 c 145 mag and I fouled plugs like crazy. Whole setup was wrong. At the time I also had stock clutching, I’ve since changed to 89L weights with a 4.5 g Rivet. Do you know what you run for clutching? I was thinking about changing my helix to a 47/41 but atm have a stock 45. Also did you get away with stock pilots and 2 turns on your fuel screw? Or did you bump up to a 47.5?

Wouldn’t the tempa flow require bigger jets to compensate for when temps get real could?(below 0)?
Just trying to make sure I’m in the ball park when I hold this thing to the bar! Lol

Wouldn’t the tempa flow require bigger jets to compensate for when temps get real could?(below 0)?
Just trying to make sure I’m in the ball park when I hold this thing to the bar! Lol

Supposed to get a few inches of snow tonight, it won’t be very cold tho, only about 30. Will doing plug chops in this warm of weather give me an idea or should I wait till it gets colder?

Sorry I haven't picked up my sled for the season yet work has been crazy and all of my notes and paperwork is up north. From memory believed I upped the pilot also...want to say 50. It's been so long since I've messed with it though. My clutching prob won't help you because I'm running weird setup; geared down with 8t drivers and one tooth off small gear. 2-1/4x144 track. From my foggy memory 89f weights with a long y-p-y spring. Roller cat style secondary with a shallow helix. Can't remember. Tried a bunch. Set it up for off trail.

Back