No air released from coolant bleeder bolt on head (viper) ??

Darkness

Hey everyone,

I have a 700 viper and added a rear heat exchanger to help with cooling from posts I've read on here. That being said, I needed to add coolant and bled the system
I followed the procedure here: https://totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles/aaTECH/BleedingCoolant/sxvbleed1.jpg

Purchased the pump and resevoir cap and pumped it to 14psi, released bleeder screw under the seat the rear of the sled.
Did this a few time until there were no more bubbles.

However when going to the last steps, it says to "add coolant to the reservoir and then crack open the bleeder bolt on the headbut no air or coolant comes out from here?

I even ran the sled for 5 mins to try and let it circulate, still no air or coolant comes out from this bolt.

I'm concerned that there is an air pocket somewhere up front.

Should I expect to get air or coolant flowing out of that bleeder bolt at the head?

Thank you

That bleed bolt doesn’t work and never did. As long as you bleed from the rear your fine. Just make sure the running board coolers get warm next time you start it up and your fine. But sounds like you let it run and it didn’t overheat so you should be good.

Bring a gatorade bottle of coolant with you on first ride, check system a couple times.

Hey everyone,

I have a 700 viper and added a rear heat exchanger to help with cooling from posts I've read on here. That being said, I needed to add coolant and bled the system
I followed the procedure here: https://totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles/aaTECH/BleedingCoolant/sxvbleed1.jpg

Purchased the pump and resevoir cap and pumped it to 14psi, released bleeder screw under the seat the rear of the sled.
Did this a few time until there were no more bubbles.

However when going to the last steps, it says to "add coolant to the reservoir and then crack open the bleeder bolt on the headbut no air or coolant comes out from here?

I even ran the sled for 5 mins to try and let it circulate, still no air or coolant comes out from this bolt.

I'm concerned that there is an air pocket somewhere up front.

Should I expect to get air or coolant flowing out of that bleeder bolt at the head?

Thank you

Sounds like you got most of the air out when you bled the rear HX. Any remaining air will get pushed to the bottle when you increase the coolant flow (riding it). As others mentioned, check the running board HXs for warmth (coolant flowing) and top off the bottle after 20 minutes of riding.

Thank you everyone for the helpful tips. I will carry some extra anti-freeze with me on my first ride of the season to top it off!
Hopefully we can ride soon :)
Thanks again guy's!

All we do is raise the rear up pretty far and add coolant to the overflow till it comes out the rear heat exchanger. Once that is done. Run it till it gets nice and warm and let it cool off and check the overflow again.

Back