700 triple and 600 twin jetting?

mq32hunter

hey guys im new to the site and just getting back into sleds. i have a 97 vmax 600 twin and a 98 mountain max 700 triple. i live in eastern SD. i need to rejet and adjust the clutches on both these sleds for my elevation. they are jetted and clutched for a higher elevation. the previous owner gave me the jets i need. ive never worked on sleds. i have been around motorcycles my whole life so i have some wrenching exp on 2 strokes. that bein said. on the 700 do i have to pull the carbs off to get at the main jets or can i loosen the boots and turn the carbs? as far as the clutch i have no idea....same questions with the 600.... thanks in advance for any help

Yes, but you will need to pull the fuel lines.
Much easier to just get them out of the sled, go through them thouroughly.
Only takes me maybe 5 min max to get them out.
10mm wrench and a Phillips screwdriver.
Are you sure you know what jets are supposed to go back in?
And are the main jets the only changes you need?

1997 600 SX should have 151.3 mains, 45 pilot
1998 MM 700 should have 142.5 mains, 45 pilots (calls for a fatter main, but too rich in my opinion)

Thanks guys. I bought them from a local guy. He gave me the jets to run around here (eastern sd), lower elevations. They both are jetted for higher elevations(western sd, black hills). I will dig into the carbs and see what I'm dealing g with

Back