Looking to logtrack another viper

hereismylife

Website
www.hereismylife.com
Thoughts on way to go now because of the different size tracks now and sleds being older. They changed the sizes to different sizes. Used to be 121 136 144. Now they are like 137 144 ect ect.

What do you guys think.

Also trying to figure what track after that.

Thanks Joe

are you planning on replacing the drivers? the 128", 137", and 146" tracks take a 2.86 driver. that sled stock came with 9 tooth 2.52 pitch drivers.

if running over 1-1/4" lug track, you should have smaller drivers on it for better cooler clearance at the front of the tunnel.

you need to decide the lug depth and legnth you want or can get economically for your project.

I would stick to factory 9 tooth driver with 2.52 pitch and go from there. Many 136 and 144 " new and used track options out there with minimal work and mods. Your sled can handle up to 1.5" paddle track without heat exchanger protectors.

I ve riden 7000kms with my 1.35" X 136" Cobra track with 0.8 inches of clearance between my heat exchanger and track on my factory 136" pro action chassis. HTH

Last edited:
at 144" from 136" you will most likely have to re-gear to help the belts live. if you drop to 8 tooth drivers, it is like gearing down 2 teeth with the stock 9 tooth drivers.

I would stick to factory 9 tooth driver with 2.52 pitch and go from there. Many 136 and 144 " new and used track options out there with minimal work and mods. Your sled can handle up to 1.5" paddle track without heat exchanger protectors.

I ve riden 7000kms with my 1.35" X 136" Cobra track with 0.8 inches of clearance between my heat exchanger and track on my factory 136" pro action chassis. HTH

It's been a while but I'm thinking Viper heat exchanger protectors are welded to the exchanger. You'd need 8 tooth drivers to run a taller track

Thanks guys for the help. Still trying to figure things out. One of my biggest hold ups right now is trying to figure out extensions for my expert x.

Back