Putting a 121 skid and track in a 1980 Enticer

sleddineinar

VIP Member
I need some help. I thought I had the right drivers to make this swap from 109" - 3" pitch track to a 121" - 2.52" pitch. But when I put it all together I realized that although the Bravo drivers I bought had a different pitch than what was stock on my Enticer, they are still not the correct ones. I should have counted the number of teeth... DANG IT! SO I'm all ready to go, I have the skid mounted, I can find only 7t hex drivers but not square drive... I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a newer hex shaft that would fit my Enticer? Then I could but the Kimpex 7t drivers.

No hex shaft for Enticer that I'm aware of.

All long track ET's had a 2.52 pitch track. Find one and you have your driver.

opsled

PS, I'm told that they are still available from Yamaha but not cheap. Like $80 or so each.

I was just looking online at parts and see that the 1984 long track enticer has a hex axle that looks like the same ends as the square axles. I found one on EBAY NOS, but they want $136 for it... I wonder if it's the same length? The 1984 Enticer (short track) uses a square axle...

travis at barn of parts (site sponsor) was making an adapter for the hex sprockets onto the square shaft for the bravos and enticers.

If you can find the 2.52 square hub drivers from a 79-83 Excel or Enticer, they should work. I know one place where there is a set locally.

Another option is to purchase or fabricate a 7/8 square to 1" hex adapter piece that fits inside the sprocket hub, and then use the new 2.52 hex hub track drive sprockets.

This is a fairly common issue.

If I recall...when I did my Skid/Engine swap in my 250- I used a shaft from a 300 or 340. I used my old drives from my 03 Viper- they actually pressed on very well- hex onto a square shaft. Nice and tight. They worked well as that little 250 was powered by a 600 V Max engine. Never had any issues with the drives or shaft.

There are a couple of models that did have the square hub and 2.52 drivers, but finding them could be challenging. Although the inserts are expensive for what they are, they should do the trick.

Back