Power valve motor problem

it appears to me that you possibly you have them incorrectly routed on the cable wheel, only the number 3 cable which resides in slot number 2 (center of wheel) is in the forward hole, cylinders 1 and 2 reside in the rear hole and most inside groove is number 1, center groove is number 3, and outward groove is for number 2

it appears to me that you possibly you have them incorrectly routed on the cable wheel, only the number 3 cable which resides in slot number 2 (center of wheel) is in the forward hole, cylinders 1 and 2 reside in the rear hole and most inside groove is number 1, center groove is number 3, and outward groove is for number 2

Just came from the garage and all the cable is in correct position cable 1 grove number 1 with rear hole cable 2 upper grove with rear hole and cable 3 in the middle groove with in the forward hole.

I don't know what is my problem :(

Hi,

I purchased a blown 02 viper as a project, everything is new to me! but now that I took everything apart and putting all back together I understand a bit more!!!!!

I dont know if it make sense but could the power valve it self ( the part that slide in the cylinder) get stuck? not sliding properly?

Hi,

I purchased a blown 02 viper as a project, everything is new to me! but now that I took everything apart and putting all back together I understand a bit more!!!!!

I dont know if it make sense but could the power valve it self ( the part that slide in the cylinder) get stuck? not sliding properly?

I don't think so because a remove all the cable and it move freely with nothing i put cable 1 and 2 and again cable move freely but its when i attach the 3 one in the center groove with the cable attach to the farward notch. i cannot make adjustement the cable its very thight as you can see on video i dont really know whats my probleme.

You have taken the entire valve assembly out for # 3 and inspected everything? Valve not stuck in jug? Since you just bought sled did you notice if problem was there before you cleaned valves? Is it possible the cable is the wrong one? I'll go take a few pics of my servo in the morning and check cable routing for you to compare if you want.

You have taken the entire valve assembly out for # 3 and inspected everything? Valve not stuck in jug? Since you just bought sled did you notice if problem was there before you cleaned valves? Is it possible the cable is the wrong one? I'll go take a few pics of my servo in the morning and check cable routing for you to compare if you want.

I don't remember when I recieve the sled during the summer. I open up all valve assembly and cleaning everything All power valve are super clean. I put a brand new cable #3 cable 1 and 2 are adjusted with 2.5mm but when it come to the cable number 3 its very very tight i loosse the cable all the way down for a maximum of slack but is tight(you can see on the last video i posted). the valve assembly is rebuild according to the service manual everything is in place correctly.

* Edit* cable number 3 is new from Yamaha dealer same lenght of the old one*

Yes send my a picture maybe i did something wrong somewhere but i really think a put everything together i maybe redid my valve 10 time in one week. :o|:o|:o|:o|

Last edited:
This Q is to all of those who have sleds w/ power valves. As I do not have one. Just reading and thinking.
Do all of the power valve cables have different lengths?
What valve has the shortest cable and which has the longest.

Last edited:
Yes you must have a wrong cable size on 3 as it is not right at the adjuster. If I was you sir remove the servo motor off its mount leave the cables hooked up .Remove all power valves and housings leaving it all hooked up. Send a pic with the set up on a table as it hooks up to the motor.Than someone with the same sled can tell what is right or wrong.

Yes you must have a wrong cable size on 3 as it is not right at the adjuster. If I was you sir remove the servo motor off its mount leave the cables hooked up .Remove all power valves and housings leaving it all hooked up. Send a pic with the set up on a table as it hooks up to the motor.Than someone with the same sled can tell what is right or wrong.

Ok i will do it this week thanks i hope i will repair my trouble soon :D

I don't think the length of the cables would matter. It's the distance they are moved by the servo. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not a powervalves expert.

I don't remember when I recieve the sled during the summer. I open up all valve assembly and cleaning everything All power valve are super clean. I put a brand new cable #3 cable 1 and 2 are adjusted with 2.5mm but when it come to the cable number 3 its very very tight i loosse the cable all the way down for a maximum of slack but is tight(you can see on the last video i posted). the valve assembly is rebuild according to the service manual everything is in place correctly.

* Edit* cable number 3 is new from Yamaha dealer same lenght of the old one*

Yes send my a picture maybe i did something wrong somewhere but i really think a put everything together i maybe redid my valve 10 time in one week. :o|:o|:o|:o|

Mines an SRX but my cable is routed the same as yours, cable 1 is inside slot bottom hole, cable 2 is outside bottom hole and cable 3 is middle in top hiole. Yours seem correct.

You ordered a new cable, is it possible its the wrong part #? I see 3 different part #'s for the SXV, SRX 2 cables are same and the third is different.

SXV cable 3 part #
Cable, Pulley 3
8EK-1133G-00-00

Attachments

• VIper pv.png
    VIper pv.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 14
Mines an SRX but my cable is routed the same as yours, cable 1 is inside slot bottom hole, cable 2 is outside bottom hole and cable 3 is middle in top hiole. Yours seem correct.

You ordered a new cable, is it possible its the wrong part #? I see 3 different part #'s for the SXV, SRX 2 cables are same and the third is different.

SXV cable 3 part #
Cable, Pulley 3
8EK-1133G-00-00

Ok so the number 3 cable is the 38 ? My yamaha dealer sell me the cable 8ek-1133e-00

Ok so the number 3 cable is the 38 ? My yamaha dealer sell me the cable 8ek-1133e-00

No according to that parts breakdown cable 3 is # 40 https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/yam/5003c07af8700212fc8412d9/cylinder-head

SXV cable 3 part #
Cable, Pulley 3
8EK-1133G-00-00

If they sold you # 38 cable 1 you have wrong cable, looking at the parts schematic clutch side is 1, centre is 2 and mag side is 3. Servo is numbered as well. I would order a cable 3 and try again and hopefully it fixes it. But you said it matches cable that came off for length so possibly previous owner had wrong cable same issue? BUt if it was me I would ensure right cable.

Attachments

• PV servo.jpg
    PV servo.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 10
No according to that parts breakdown cable 3 is # 40 https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/a/yam/5003c07af8700212fc8412d9/cylinder-head

SXV cable 3 part #
Cable, Pulley 3
8EK-1133G-00-00

If they sold you # 38 cable 1 you have wrong cable, looking at the parts schematic clutch side is 1, centre is 2 and mag side is 3. Servo is numbered as well. I would order a cable 3 and try again and hopefully it fixes it. But you said it matches cable that came off for length so possibly previous owner had wrong cable same issue? BUt if it was me I would ensure right cable.

Ok so there you go SRXCHRIS i think you just help me with something i dont have my sled right now but i think a misunderstood the cylinder. I was thinking #3 was clutch side :?

I'm going to remove everything tomorrow and doing my valve again with #1 clutch side.

Ok so there you go SRXCHRIS i think you just help me with something i dont have my sled right now but i think a misunderstood the cylinder. I was thinking #3 was clutch side :?

I'm going to remove everything tomorrow and doing my valve again with #1 clutch side.

Yup #1 is always clutch side! The devil is always in the details.

Big thanks to everybody that help me.

I found the mistake the owner before me try to clean the power valve but do not finish them properly so he put the cable back but not in the right position so the first time i clean them i just put the cable back like him.

Big thanks to everyone !:winterrul

(Sorry again for my bad english)

Big thanks to everybody that help me.

I found the mistake the owner before me try to clean the power valve but do not finish them properly so he put the cable back but not in the right position so the first time i clean them i just put the cable back like him.

Big thanks to everyone !:winterrul

(Sorry again for my bad english)

No need to apologize for the English I've heard and read worse:p

Hopefully your enjoying some trails now as were finally getting some open in Ontario.

Back