Power valve motor problem

Chiefk

Hi guy's, New here i can't find anything about my problem so here it is !

Just bought a 2003 Sx Viper with power valve.

Just clean it and adjust them with 2.5mm space but my motor go right left non-stop.

Here a link to youtube with my video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGkN4eeKuQA

Sorry for my bad english i'm french :/

Thanks

Joe

I would take the plastic cover off the servo and watch too see what the wheel is doing.Its low on power or cables too tight or weak moter.

I use the 2.5 spacer method also and sometimes i still get them too tight. Its not a exact science holding the allen wrench in one hand while tightening the servo cable with the other ect. I can see video now and that jitter is too tight.

Ok, so i did try everything here back them off 1/4 did not help. when i loose them up and set my rpm below 900 the power valve motor move back and forward very slowly without stoping. So after that i disassembly all the power valve and re try to set them with a 2.5mm sapcer and this happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln5WulnKU5U

If you push on the cables one at a time with your finger do they move freely?Try undoing them from the wheel and see if the moter moves ok by itself.

Yes, every cable move freely everything is clean. When i unplug all the cable from the motor the motor turn easily.

If i let the motor cycling without the cable attach to it when it stop can i make my alignment mark and set everything with this motor placement ?

I'm sorry my english is not to good :/

From video those cables adjusters look way to far out. Either your cables are stretched really bad or your still way too tight. Where are you measuring 2.5 gap at? Should be bell closest to where cable enters PV housing. Not where PV housing attaches to jug. Trying to figure out what your doing. If motor cycles fine when all the way loose it should work if your adjusting right.

From video those cables adjusters look way to far out. Either your cables are stretched really bad or your still way too tight. Where are you measuring 2.5 gap at? Should be bell closest to where cable enters PV housing. Not where PV housing attaches to jug. Trying to figure out what your doing. If motor cycles fine when all the way loose it should work if your adjusting right.

I'm using this https://totallyamaha.com/snowmobile...ng Power Valves/Setting Your Power Valves.htm to adjust my power valve but i think my problem is i can find the right motor position to make my adjustement from.

Power valve motor should go to a "home" position when sled is off. I agree, cables 1 and 2 seem way too tight. I would disconnect cables at the servo, start sled, idle down to 900 RPM and observe servo function and move forward from there attaching and adjusting 1 cable at a time. Something sure isn't right. I prefer to adjust the valve / cable setting with the exhaust off to ensure valve is flush with exhaust port, WAY more work but accurate!

Power valve motor should go to a "home" position when sled is off. I agree, cables 1 and 2 seem way too tight. I would disconnect cables at the servo, start sled, idle down to 900 RPM and observe servo function and move forward from there attaching and adjusting 1 cable at a time. Something sure isn't right. I prefer to adjust the valve / cable setting with the exhaust off to ensure valve is flush with exhaust port, WAY more work but accurate!

Thanks i will try that this week after my work. Thank you alot !

make sure your cables are routed correctly. if they are in the wrong place it will pull tighter and cause it to do that as well.

Yes i follow the Yamahga manual for this

Cable 1 Lower
Cable 2 Upper
Cable 3 Center

Update!

So i remove all the cable set the rpm below 900rpm.

I set Cable 1 and 2 with 2.5mm but when it come to cable 3 the cable is to tight to ajust so i know for sure my problem come from cable number 3. My Yamaha dealers had in stock the cable 3 but it do the same problem anyway everything its good inside and clean spring seal gasket etc..

* Cable 3 is new*

Here a quick video to show you my adjustement is good on 1 and 2 without 3 put when i put back 3 with the maximum loosest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-OKrZRFSdA

Back