02 magneto in 98 motor and frame

Gabutch

Got a question: Has anybody on here ever used the high output magneto from a 2002 700 on a 1998 600? It sure would be nice to upgrade plus have my 600 going again. I know I'll have to have everything included like the regulator/rectifier, key, and all the other odds and ends. I just didn't check to see if the crank housing is the same for mounting the stator and coil. Let me know please, thanks, Gabutch

I think there is more involved than that, entire wiring harness, coils?
Not sure it can be done on a 600 as they never made a harness for a 600 that had the high output system.

Agreed.

Triples are simular. I've installed a 1999 600 triple cdi, and coils on my 2000 700 and it ran the same. The 1998 600 twins are more then likely completely different ignitions.

Last edited:
That's what I'm talking about. I have a triple 600. I think it was my mistake about it being a 98. It's a 99. Same lower half as the 700. Just wondering if I could use all the 700 electrical? There might be different ignition mapping it that's the only thing I can think of.

Yep, you could, really, only difference should be the stator, flywheel, pickup coil.
Then wiring harness and coils.
Timing curve will be different though.

Back