1974 GPX track size and Pitch

vmaxcrazy

I've asked so many people that I'm totally confused now, (not that hard to do) on the size and pitch of my sleds track. I have a 1974 GPX 338. It is not, I repeat NOT a 75. What is the track size and pitch of the stock track on a 1974 GPX? Also what other brands have the same size and pitch track? Thanks in advance, I know there are many on this site that have and still run the old GPX's that can finally answer my question and end my confusion.:o|

My old royal distributing kimpex catalog shows 15x2.88x41 part number 04-004... same track used on Eltigre295 73-74 .. ext 71-72, boaski ss340-440 74-76
usually these old books were correct ,, some times there are notes to change drivers but didn't see any and the picture showed the cleated track design.
Expect most had to ditch the cleated track to race and installed 75 drivers and suspension similar to my 75TL433,s
Ron

+Thanks for the info on tracks that should work. I would really like to know the track size and pitch if anyone knows.

Sorry ... I was thinking you would recognise the info ,,,shows 15x2.88x41,,,, 15" wide . pitch 2.88" per drive , and 41 drives ... which should be about 118 inch of track
if it was cut and laid out length ways.
The newer rubber moulded tracks are 15x 1.97x 58 which is about 114.26 inch long which is also used on some Doo citations,,
I had to convert my old / orig 74 TL433 w single drive and double slides (didn't work well) by welding two drive plates on to my axle, installed new drives ..
and a skid from a GPX75 and new track to fit...
Ron

Yep, my bad. You had all the info I needed on your first reply. Don't know how I overlooked it. I do have one other question. Most people I've talked to have said the track is 114 long and you are saying track is 118. Not trying to be argumentative, just trying to get this right so I can have a track made if I need to. Thanks for the Royal Distributing catalog info, found one on line that gave track info, just not length. Again thanks Ron and others for the replies. ;)!

Sorry , cant be sure about what kimpex listed , just expect it to be correct..
Used same math for the track on my VK540 has 20x156 track ....2.52 pitch x 62 driver is the chart size equals 156.24 inch..
same problem counting birthdays ... you a re born on your birthday ,,, it is ONE .... but next year you 1 year old ,,, an English language thing..
so if I took your track and cut it across real tight to a driver ,, you would measure from cut edge about 2.88 inch to the far edge of the 1st driver , and so on. until 41 later
when you get to the far side of the one you cut.... possibly correct driver number is actually 40,,.
You must have the axle , drivers and susp already ..if the axle is in place , stuff on susp and run a rope around the track pattern and then mark and measure.
good luck
Ron

Back