96 vmax xt 600 clutch & belt ?

Yes I am indeed talking about the movable sheave. The cover one was no problem, hammered it out with an appropriate size socket and worked well. Same to put the new one in place.

My dealer told me it was approx 1000$ for the tool to remove the spider. So I will build one with a piece of steel pipe, 3 or 4 inches diameters by 5 inches high, and grind 3 notch to slide/hook on the spider. I will drill 2 holes in the top to be able to put a pry bar through.....

Have you considered simply bringing your Clutch to a dealer and letting them remove the spider for you?
My dealer removed mine for free! I had made a jig to secure the spider when I reassembled.

Last edited:

Have you considered simply bringing your Clutch to a dealer and letting them remove the spider for you?
My dealer removed mine for free! I had made a jig to secure the spider when I reassembled.

Good idea but dont you still need a tool to reassemble it?

They should be able to split it and put it back together. I have build a tool to do it. Are you sure that bushing is shot?

I had a bit of play in the clutch and was told that the bushings should be changed. I did the cover one because it is easy, it did remove much of the play but still has a little bit. I have the bushing.

Take some pics when you do sounds like something that could help us all. Even me when I get into all this. Not even going to get into tuning the clutch with weights at this point but its coming guys its coming.

Back