Viper with gas leak

JDViper

Lifetime Member
Website
s1231.photobucket.com
I've had my dad's viper in my garage for a few weeks and went to look at the track yesterday. Tipped it over on its side and gas comes falling out of the exhaust. It was started once and just sitting in the garage. Is it leaking all the way through the motor and out the exhaust? Bad fuel pump, or dirty carbs? It has done this before a few years back. Replaced the carbs and fuel pump and it went away. Is it likely a dirty needle? Don't really want to do both again...

I've had my dad's viper in my garage for a few weeks and went to look at the track yesterday. Tipped it over on its side and gas comes falling out of the exhaust. It was started once and just sitting in the garage. Is it leaking all the way through the motor and out the exhaust? Bad fuel pump, or dirty carbs? It has done this before a few years back. Replaced the carbs and fuel pump and it went away. Is it likely a dirty needle? Don't really want to do both again...

Heres one. My bet on the check valve. https://totallyamaha.net/showthread.php/103944-Oil-pump-line-check-valve-allows-gas-to-leak-out

replace the O-rings and with the ethanol in gas it eats up the rubber parts, not too mention just the age alone of the parts. pull carb rack and go thru it.

Double check the direction of that check valve, trust me they dont run long if its in backwards.

Back