Adding heated visor plugs

jjmoneysauce

So on my 85/86 Enticers and 2011 Bravo, there are spare bullet connectors intended for heated grips. I'd like to use these to install a dash mounted RCA visor heater plug. I have a couple questions for you guys who may have done this before.

On the ET, there's 2 spare bullets in the steering column. The yellow/black wire comes straight from the magneto harness, and either the end in the steering column or the magneto harness tail should work, since it's not connected to anything else.

The black wire for the plug should be able to tie in in the other spare black wire bullet connector in the same place in the steering column, or to the other black wire spare bullet connector on the CDI box, as per the wiring diagram markup below. Correct?

My first question is, does polarity matter? The HJC helmets that I have are supposed to work with either AC or DC. I would by default hook the red wire of the plug to the yellow/black, and black to black.

heated visor plug.png

The bravo power wire would be yellow/blue, and the ground any conveniently located black wire, correct? Same basic question, does polarity matter? Black to black? Also, I imagine that a 3A fuse would be a good plan?

bravo visor.png

Last edited:

Use a tester, as long as the colored wire has 12V your good and the black wire is the ground in any case unless someone modded it, but either place would work as far as ground. May as well take the shortest distance or easiest connection.

Thanks. Since it's AC, polarity shouldn't matter? I'm thinking if it should be possible to orient polarity to minimize the likelihood of shorts if a plug touches a ground.

Does anyone know what voltage would be going to my grip heater tails? The resistance of the warmers is 0.66 ohms according to the service manual. But that's all it says. No resistance for the warmers is provided.

Last edited:

Back