Hand Warmers Problems

Mainer

I recently picked up a 2000 srx 700 and I've been going through the sled and fixing all the very minor issues. The hand warmers are not working properly and I'm not sure where to start. Here's the symptoms. The thumb warmer is not working nor is the left hand warmer. The right one is working but it gets blazing hot with the heat knob turned up just a hair. When I got the sled it had an ignition switch that only had an on/off position. No warmer position. I put an ignition switch off a 98 srx 700 parts sled I have and am not sure if that could be an issue. The strange thing is the warmer on and off positions work opposite. On is off, off is on. The switch worked fine on the 98 so I don't think it's bad. Any ideas? Thanks!

You will have to just take a tester and start looking for power in the switch, then on the grips and thumb warmer check for continuity with tester. I would guess they have a broken wire inside the heating element.

You will have to just take a tester and start looking for power in the switch, then on the grips and thumb warmer check for continuity with tester. I would guess they have a broken wire inside the heating element.

I believe that's the issue. I tried one off the parts sled and it's warming up. The other grip is still blazing hot though. You can't even keep your hand on it and that's turned down all the way. I did try another heat knob and it does the same thing. Probably something wrong in that one as well. Do I need to run the OEM grips or can I get aftermarket ones that plug into the system?

I believe that's the issue. I tried one off the parts sled and it's warming up. The other grip is still blazing hot though. You can't even keep your hand on it and that's turned down all the way. I did try another heat knob and it does the same thing. Probably something wrong in that one as well. Do I need to run the OEM grips or can I get aftermarket ones that plug into the system?

You can put on after market grips, they wont just plug in, you will most likly have to re wire them in.

Back