1979 Enticer 250 - Gas lines from crank case, to and from carb - Need pics of stock

czarne10

Hi everyone,
I am bringing a mouse poop - filled machine back to life and all the rubber hoses and lines have broken or turned to crumbles in the bottom of the belly pan. I'm looking for photos of the stock setup or even a setup that has deleted the oil injection (that's my plan). I'm just unsure as to where each hose or line hooks to.
Thanks for any help,
-Matt

Oil injection on these is usually bulletproof, but some guys insist on deleting. I have a 1980 supplemental sevice manual that shows a lot of the hose routing. I got it from vintagesnow.

One piece of advice; use the OEM lines and clips. They are metric diameters, and aftermarket won't fit correctly.

Not easy to get pics with the gas tank there. Maybe these will help.

Attachments

• IMG_3640.JPG
    IMG_3640.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 33
THAT'S PERFECT! Thank you "Hammer Down". Looks like the green one (up high) goes to the crank case barb for pulse to make the fuel pump diaphragm work. And the lower barb on the same side goes down to the gas tank. I would've thought opposite but kinda saw evidence of what your picture shows when I was cleaning out the broken pieces of original lines from the belly pan.
Can you tell me where you got your air filter?
-Next question will be on oil injection delete / can I leave the oil injection pump in place (I'll start a new thread for that one).

The filter was on the sled when I bought it. I believe he said it was a k+n but it's been 6-7 years. I wouldn't recommend it though. It's problematic in deep dry snow. It's iced up real bad and choked off the engine. Had to take a hairdryer to it.

I still have the stock air box. I can clean all the mouse poop out of it and put it back on. Thanks for the advice.

Oil injection on these is usually bulletproof, but some guys insist on deleting. I have a 1980 supplemental sevice manual that shows a lot of the hose routing. I got it from vintagesnow.

One piece of advice; use the OEM lines and clips. They are metric diameters, and aftermarket won't fit correctly.
Jjmoneysauce
Hoping you can help me. I took carb. off to clean and replaced all gas lines. Off course I had to take gas tank and oil reservoir off and putting back together and can not figure out what lines go where. Could you possibly send me a some pictures of your sled with all the lines? I would really appreciate your time.
Thanks Angie Dahn

Attachments

• IMG_9608.jpeg
    IMG_9608.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Jjmoneysauce
Hoping you can help me. I took carb. off to clean and replaced all gas lines. Off course I had to take gas tank and oil reservoir off and putting back together and can not figure out what lines go where. Could you possibly send me a some pictures of your sled with all the lines? I would really appreciate your time.
Thanks Angie Dahn
Post pics of all the nipples that need lines attached and I'll tell you what goes where.

Post pics of all the nipples that need lines attached and I'll tell you what goes where.
I will do that I will have to remove carb. because I can’t find one of the nipples. I have an extra line that I can’t find where it goes. Waiting for it to warm up then I will get pictures to you. Thanks for your time.
Angie

The oil tank has one more nipple on it that’s the air breather that’s not showing on picture. There is 3 hoses coming from the bottom of oil tank that I’m not sure where they go.

Attachments

• IMG_9671.jpeg
    IMG_9671.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9611.jpeg
    IMG_9611.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9670.jpeg
    IMG_9670.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 1709487657981.jpeg
    1709487657981.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
I will do that I will have to remove carb. because I can’t find one of the nipples. I have an extra line that I can’t find where it goes. Waiting for it to warm up then I will get pictures to you. Thanks for your time.
Angie
Okay I have pics. of all the nipple now.

Okay here is the pictures of all nipples. First photo where does the small blk. hose with copper fitting on it go?, 2nd photo two nipples on carb., 3rd pic., has 2 nipples on oil pump, 4th pic. showing top of gas and oil tank (I know that top of oil tank is breather tube and gas tank top 2 hoses are they both breaker tubes? 5th pic. shows 3 nipples. Only line or nipple not showing on pictures is the bottom of gas tank with the screw on cap with filter and also the nipple that goes on the motor.
Thank you for your time.
Angie

Attachments

• IMG_9776.jpeg
    IMG_9776.jpeg
    622.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9746.jpeg
    IMG_9746.jpeg
    546.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9734.jpeg
    IMG_9734.jpeg
    686.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9594.jpeg
    IMG_9594.jpeg
    681.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_9596.jpeg
    IMG_9596.jpeg
    574 KB · Views: 2
your fuel return pipe drawings ,,, it shows you having an extra pipe to return excess fuel from carb.??
Had a look at 79 model and the fuel return was a "KIT" maybe not standard
this one shows tank with vent and line to carb
this one shows the small line going to manifold from oil pump

this shows only the lines to do with oil supply and vent ... not the fuel connection that
confuse the photo with the valve.
They are schematics but do indicate where each go
Oh yeah don't forget to connect the lever and oil pump linkage ,, saw it dangling
this one shows impulse hose,, normally hard as a rock and only fits one spot , top of diaphragm pack
usually the hoses take on the shape and will only fit one way , unless you put on new and
tossed the orig ..
Have fun

your fuel return pipe drawings ,,, it shows you having an extra pipe to return excess fuel from carb.??
Had a look at 79 model and the fuel return was a "KIT" maybe not standard
this one shows tank with vent and line to carb
this one shows the small line going to manifold from oil pump

this shows only the lines to do with oil supply and vent ... not the fuel connection that
confuse the photo with the valve.
They are schematics but do indicate where each go
Oh yeah don't forget to connect the lever and oil pump linkage ,, saw it dangling
this one shows impulse hose,, normally hard as a rock and only fits one spot , top of diaphragm pack
usually the hoses take on the shape and will only fit one way , unless you put on new and
tossed the orig ..
Have fun
Ron unfortunately I took the lines off last fall and only marked a couple of them which I took them off and then didn’t get to it right away, so I am confused. Thanks for your effort and time to try to melt me. I guess I still don’t quite understand what hoses go to what but I’ll do my best. I’ll let you know how it turns out.
Angie

We will use elimination process... pulse fitting should be uppermost on RH side of carb and goes to
the crankcase ... short , solid black...
fuel comes from lowest fitting in side of fuel tank to the other nipple on RH side of carb , by way
of a connection valve which just happens to be under the oil tank...
Lowest oil tank , w/ filter goes to only large fitting on the oil pump ... tiny black from pump to manifold.
two air vent hoses ,, maybe only two left ,, go from fitting in fuel tank top ,, and oil tank top
possibly into those extra two "clips" and stop there .. some models ran from there up to the
handle bar supports and zip ties on...
looks like you have the lower fuel line going over the tank ,, parts and normal just should stay low and
thru the valve and low into the carb... the steel protectors are there to keep from wearing against
jackshaft and body parts.
I dont expect you have a fuel return from carb...
Start with the first items and see what is left... vents are there for when you tip over or have a full tank of fuel
Ron

We will use elimination process... pulse fitting should be uppermost on RH side of carb and goes to
the crankcase ... short , solid black...
fuel comes from lowest fitting in side of fuel tank to the other nipple on RH side of carb , by way
of a connection valve which just happens to be under the oil tank...
Lowest oil tank , w/ filter goes to only large fitting on the oil pump ... tiny black from pump to manifold.
two air vent hoses ,, maybe only two left ,, go from fitting in fuel tank top ,, and oil tank top
possibly into those extra two "clips" and stop there .. some models ran from there up to the
handle bar supports and zip ties on...
looks like you have the lower fuel line going over the tank ,, parts and normal just should stay low and
thru the valve and low into the carb... the steel protectors are there to keep from wearing against
jackshaft and body parts.
I dont expect you have a fuel return from carb...
Start with the first items and see what is left... vents are there for when you tip over or have a full tank of fuel
Ron
Ron thanks for all your information and time. I will get out to shop next week and see what I can do.
Thanks again
Angie

Back