98 Yamaha vmax what pipes are these?

Vmaxguy

New to this site. I'm not sure if my pics went threw. I bought this sled a couple years ago and was told it was built by hauck it has triple pipes but all the research I do I can't find any pipes that look like these. It has Reed spacers head work and clutch work from what I've been told. I know for sure it has Reed spacers and 150 main jets it runs very well and is crazy responsive I guess my main question is what are the pipes?

Last edited:

They look similar to my power incs on maybe end dumps?? Other wise I know that I’ve heard cpr Simmons pipes also have a crazy a$$ bend for the mag pipe. My guess cpr Simmons’s or power inc end dumps. A helpful pic would be of the silencers next

The PTO and center cylinder pipe (the 2 on top in the pic) bend and the stingers face towards the front of the sled all exiting the stock exhaust hole in a mounting plate

Those look to be power inc end dump pipes. Notice the wrinkles in the belly’s of the pipes. I have the center dumps which are quieter and make less power. Thise should be loud as hell from what I’ve read! If u ever wanna get rid of em I’ll buy em

Those look to be power inc end dump pipes. Notice the wrinkles in the belly’s of the pipes. I have the center dumps which are quieter and make less power. Thise should be loud as hell from what I’ve read! If u ever wanna get rid of em I’ll buy em

100% correct p.i. End dumps.

The center dumps are still great pipes. I've had both and honestly I don't think it's really worth it to seek out the end dumps if you already have centers set up well. The end dumps actually are not much louder; when both have good packing in the silencers that is.

You start running on old blown out packing and they are crazy loud and sound like crap. The biggest difference is the end dumps have a little wider rpm range in which they make power, you can throw a little more rpm at them.

100% correct p.i. End dumps.

The center dumps are still great pipes. I've had both and honestly I don't think it's really worth it to seek out the end dumps if you already have centers set up well. The end dumps actually are not much louder; when both have good packing in the silencers that is.

You start running on old blown out packing and they are crazy loud and sound like crap. The biggest difference is the end dumps have a little wider rpm range in which they make power, you can throw a little more rpm at them.

I have a set of center dumps on a 97 700 and I was wondering what you ran for jetting? Currently I was gonna run 145’s across all three. 89L weights with 4.5 g rivet and a 47/41 helix. With your experience should that be close?

Back