91 Yamaha Phazer II overshifting and shredding belts

Surprised people have run such a stiff spring as the pink pink pink in a phazer. Thats the factory installed spring for my 700 Venture!

Well, the YPZ clutch takes a different part number. He has a 91, last year of the YPZ clutch I believe.
Your P/P/P spring is a different part number from the one I posted I think Vincent.

Well, the YPZ clutch takes a different part number. He has a 91, last year of the YPZ clutch I believe.
Your P/P/P spring is a different part number from the one I posted I think Vincent.

Sorry I forgot the clutches were a different style. Oddly enough my Venture spring is the same 90501-602j0 part number for the pink pink pink spring found in this short cover spring chart as is on the chart you posted.

My apologies for taking this thread so fare off topic.

Attachments

• clutch springs.jpg
    clutch springs.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
No worries more knowledge getting passed on the better. Thanks for all the help and the chart that should deem useful. gonna try some things over the holidays and will get back to you all with more results. Happy holidays folks!

Yep, I stand corrected Vincent, didn’t realize they took the same spring, I was always told they were different.
Glad you said something so we can all learn a little!

hmm looks like quite the handy little sheet to have. Blue and white with 2 spring shims to bring engagement up. quite the difference in springs too. Anyone with a phazer and an aaen pipe care to chime in?! would be much appreciated to here your reviews of which primary your running

I was gonna order both any try em but looks like blue-white is unavailable. i can look at my local sled salvage see if they have one. gonna order up the pnk pnk pnk anyway if others have had luck with it, worth a shot to get those extra ponies

FYI..Haven't heard of using a pink/pink/pink spring for the primary but YamahaNutz posted a lot of great tuning information for the modified Phazer. Here is some info on the clutching you may find useful.

"for the bender/aaen i like to use the white/yellow/white with 2 shims stock weight set up secondary stock helix and spring set in A-2 for trail riding this set up also works well with the PSI Pro pipe for the Phazer"

Looked around ebay all i can find is a blue white blue, gonna check our salvage yard. Found the white yellow white put that in the shopping cart going to place an order after the holidays are done. Ordering up some new button ramps 147.5 mains, a pnk pnk pnk, a white yellow white, and 2 shims. I mostly ride nice wide old bush roads and get on a few tight winding trails while im checking my fur line. You tune your clutching to what kind of riding your doing correct?

Back