LED Headlight upgrade inquire....

Jack99

I recently bought 1999 Venture 600 Triple. Being age 55, my older age eyes aren't as good as they used to be. Will be doing some dark time riding in the future. With this in mind, was thinking of replacing its factory H4 halogen bulb with H4 LED bulb. Something without an external canabus / anti-flicker module - like mandatory is some vehicles.

Something like: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07K3W75G9/?coliid=I1XABYHMKVJ4DJ&colid=4D7MF1HQMFAQ&psc=0

Questions:
- Can LED headlight upgrade be done (or is there too little physical space)?
- Is it better to go with power fan or fanless version?
- Is Halogen to LED headlight upgrade worth the cost / hassle?

If wondering, I'm a newbie. Thus, this might be a silly post to some experienced folks.

thanks.

i use rock toyz kit in my sleds and love it. i have a review on them on here if you search for posts started by me.

how do you fit a h13 bulb into a h4 housing? To the OP, i have used h4 leds before. You may have to cut the rubber back covers to fit them.

I just finished doing LED pods on an 85 Excel III. It's pretty straightforward. If your existing headlights are DC, it's a no brainer really. If the power is AC, you will get the best results by using a rectifier to convert the AC to DC. FB_IMG_1545977549047.jpg

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

I'll probably leave "as is" (with factory Halogen H4s) and use more High Beam (where possible).

Back