6k to 12k SRX setup

Oklasrx01

Recently purchased an 01 stock SRX. I was sold #135 mains, 50 pilots and YWY primary for the altitude I will be riding at. Also advised to remove clutch rivets completely. I didnt get parts before the trip so I ran what I had. Good lower and crazy good mid range. The top just went flat, no pings, backfire just like a governor. Checked plugs and nothing fouled or too lean pretty good color. Also was advised to put needle position #2. Guessing me being at 1400' sled probably will scream.
Any help appreciated.

That jetting seems way off from stock. And if you remove the rivots you will over rev probably. it's literally the exact jetting I had on my vmax4750 with quad pipes. If the engine is stock you should stick with stock jetting in my opinion at 1400'. When you say 6k to 12k are you talking elevation? If that's the case Yamaha has charts you can follow that tell what jetting to run.

Yes it would be 6k elevation plus. I hear everyone with what they run and have always thought there should be a way to factory set up. Is that chart somewhere on this blog that I can download. Thanks

Back