Triple pipe viper heel clicker clutching

kart74

Decided to put my Aaen pipes on and run them this winter. I picked up a set on 15.6 rollers to use with my heel clickers. I am thinking about 4.8 in the heel, 3.3 center, tip empty with the red spring. Secondary has 51/37 with green spring at 70. Sound about right? I need to get jetting down as well but should be able to get that once there is snow. Thanks!

I would say that sounds pretty close. Won't know till you run it. I think I'm running almost the same set up as far as clutching goes.

Ran it a bit today and from seem low. Only pulling 8200 ish. So thinking I should drop the 3.3 in the center?

Ran it a bit today and from seem low. Only pulling 8200 ish. So thinking I should drop the 3.3 in the center?

you said you only had 3.3 in center in your original post?? how can you drop to 3.3 if that's what you had in there? does it climb then fall back on the tach?

I had the 3.9 long bolt in the center. I thought it was the short one. I changed to the short 3.3 and it is now about 8700. I have 4.8 in the heel which gives about 4200 engagement. I am now thinking to remove one washer from heel to 4.3. Will bring engagement up some but should also bring top rpm up right?

I had the 3.9 long bolt in the center. I thought it was the short one. I changed to the short 3.3 and it is now about 8700. I have 4.8 in the heel which gives about 4200 engagement. I am now thinking to remove one washer from heel to 4.3. Will bring engagement up some but should also bring top rpm up right?

ya, it didn't make sense you had a 3.3 in center and it was that low on rpm. anyways,,whats the target rpm for those aaen pipes?

I would be more inclined to slightly take a tad bit off the head of the 3.3 gram bolt, like make them 3.0 grams, and leave the heel weight alone as much above 4200rpm, youll lose traction on snow with a bigger engagement, they tend to trench.

off of the head not make it shorter? With the 15.6 rollers does this seem like a low amount of weight for a piped sled? It has about 3500 miles on it so could use rings soon im guessing.

usually easier to grind the head diameter a little smaller and then check it on a gram scale, your only gonna remove a tiny bit. The aaen pipes likely don't add much hp is what its showing you, if it doesn't pull weight then its not making a lot of power. The tach is like a dyno for say, if it over revs a lot its making more power and requires more weight to control the rpm. You also have to remember your wanting to turn higher then stock rpm also, so that will require less weight to do so. With the 15.6mm rollers it should take some weight to tame it down however the entire clutch set up has bearing on what happens as well, not all helix are cut on same radius, some are more aggressive upshifting, so youll end up with a little less weight depending on the cut and the finish angle.

I think aaen pipes have better torque #s than bender or slp. Do a compression test to check general condition of cylinders. 3500 miles is not completely worn out but you should re ring soon.

I remember reading about a guy who put aaens on a 700 SRX and was disappointed

It sure seems like it is making more power. Pulls away from a stock viper with ease. For the amount of gas it is drinking g it better! I have a bender 51-37 helix. Have been looking for a 48-34 as you suggest in the clutching guide.

I went to 3.0 in the center and is spot on at 9000! Pulls really hard to 80ish and seems to flatten out some, but can still pull good top speeds. One thing I noticed is when going slow, and at stop signs I notice a burning belt smell. I dont remember having that before.

you might try the red dot sec spring at 80-90 twist, that will give you more topend speed and might be where your burning the belt. when you stop the sled from riding pop open the hood and place your hand on each clutch face, see which one is hot, you have automatic temp sensor built in your brain, youll only keep your hand on it for a couple seconds.

46/34 is going to raise your shift RPM. 34 finish angle will raise top end rpm so you will have to adjust rivets again but that sounds like a helix I would have started out with

Back