Another Transfer Enhancement Kit thread.

aaroncarp

I've read a lot of the threads on here about the old MPI transfer enhancement kits, but I haven't seen enough info to feel confident building my own kit. I just got hold of a 2002 MM700 141" and was hoping to add this as a cheap way to improve deep snow performance. Does anyone have any detailed pictures of kits, and/or the directions from MPI?

It looks like I'll need the following:
two straps: What length? Suggested material?
two bushings: To fit on the lower bar?
A large threaded spacer: to span the stock upper transfer bar mounts?
Bolts to mount threaded spacer.
Strap hardware

A few more questions:
What keeps the bushings/straps from sliding side to side?
How do I know what length to set my straps?
Do I remove the current idler wheels on the lower transfer bar mount?
Someone mentioned cutting a bolt down flush with a nut. What bolt is that?

Lastly,
I've read a lot of talk about the bar that sits behind the rear scissor that appears to keep the skid from folding over itself. I need to keep this in my skid, correct?

I know I am late to the party on this discussion, but any information you can give would be helpful.
Thanks.

I'm interested in making a kit myself. Have same questions as aaroncarp. Called MPI this morning and the gentleman told me they stopped making the kit after the company that made the straps went out of business. I guess I'll be making my own.

Anyone ever use a limiter strap from another snowmobile? I would think that material is strong enough. Would have to add a hole to get the right length.

Thanks

Baler belt from the fleet/farm store works for,the straps. Just cut it the length you want and drill some holes. Adjust till you get it the way you want. Good luck!

Back