Ski shim mod

Yamitriple

1A5D9714-6DEA-461D-A1B5-3A9B0B86EE0C.jpg1A5D9714-6DEA-461D-A1B5-3A9B0B86EE0C.jpgOkay so I read the article in the tech pages about the darting fix and attempted to make shims. Just wondering if the shims may be too big since the skis seem to lean much farther to the rear than it seems they should. Just need verification on wether I should ya thinner shims.

I have after market plastic skis and in my case, welding was the strongest, and easiest option. Most do not need to go that route.

Last edited:
I use 1/4" plastic shims and drill a hole in the center of it then counter sink the hole for the screw to go and screw them to the bottom of the rubber stopper, I use screws with flat head so it fits perfect into the countersunk hole on the shim. I hope i explained that well enough.

Thanks, yeah I ended up putting a couple rivets in each shim and some marine Loctite PL adhesive to attach them to the aluminum saddles....We'll see how long they hold up. I kept losing them when I had my Viper. And I'm using 1/4" tapered shims too...

Last edited:
i use a peice of transport mud flap in all of mine but i do use the 09 mtx ski or the oe saddless ski and just put it together without the screw as it cannot come out until i remove the ski.

Ok for my clarification, the shim will go between the ski and the rubber stopper, on the back side of the stopper to help lift the front of the ski slightly as illustrated. My front of the carbide is touching but the back side is in the air.
I would like to add the shim, just confirming where it goes.

Thank you in advance.

Ok for my clarification, the shim will go between the ski and the rubber stopper, on the back side of the stopper to help lift the front of the ski slightly as illustrated. My front of the carbide is touching but the back side is in the air.

Thank you in advance.

With mine I put the shim in between the rubber bumber and the metal “spindle”. Not sure if that’s correct but it worked for me

Thank you in advance.
Yes, you are correct on the shim placement! It will transfer more pressure to the back section of your ski and away from the forward leading edge

Last edited:

Back