Need help on what sled to buy

Darkness

Hey everyone,

I'm just getting back into riding after more than 10 year hiatus.
I've run several SX 700, SXR 700 and SX Vipers 700 from 97 to 02 and that's pretty much all I know about Yamaha sleds. 2 stroke power!

This being said, I tried an older sx viper and it was too hard on my knees from squatting and trying to trail ride aggressively. Also just the riding position would be exhausting for me after a day of riding. So I'm just looking for suggestions on what you would recommend for someone who likes to trail blaze and trail ride. Some ditch banging as well, since we need to hit those to get to trails.

I'm not sold on the 4 strokes, but am certainly open to anything. All I know is the throttle response from a 2 stroke 700 is exhilarating, I'm not sure the 4 strokes deliver this same experience?

I've googled "last 2 stroke yamaha sled" and found nothing.. Does anyone know what the last one was? Was it the sx viper generation?

Anyhow, all thoughts are welcome here. I'd like to buy something soon and am honestly clueless because of my absence from the sport for over 10years.
Thank you!

Welcome back,.well the only choices are the rev and the XP rev(XP i find better than the first version,not as locked in a position)in a CARB 600 is a great sled.Polaris has the Indy 600 but its harder on fuel then the skidoo.Yamaha kind of gave up on the 2 strokes outside of the VK540(this sled came back updated a few seasons back,yamahas last two-stroke sled https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/details-build-price.php?model=5056&group=SM&catId=126 .

Welcome back,.well the only choices are the rev and the XP rev(XP i find better than the first version,not as locked in a position)in a CARB 600 is a great sled.Polaris has the Indy 600 but its harder on fuel then the skidoo.Yamaha kind of gave up on the 2 strokes outside of the VK540(this sled came back updated a few seasons back,yamahas last two-stroke sled https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/details-build-price.php?model=5056&group=SM&catId=126 .

Thanks,

I should have stated that I'd like to stick with the Yammy brand. Pretty brand loyal given then dependability of everything I've owned and resale value.
I'm open to 4 strokes.. What about a 2014+ Viper SR. Any thoughts on these?

Only modern yamahas i have first hand experience with are my 2004 RXwarrior and 2014 Phazer RTX.The warrior is a great lake racer but the phazer would eat it over the country in the turns and moguls.Much lighter,easier to throw around,playful.Top speed is 84mph(GPS) but the warrior has hit 112(GPS).If top speed if not your concern then give the phazer a test ride before you buy.Heres a vid from from 5 years ago of me(RXwarrior) chasing my brother on my phazer..

sr viper is a 600 class sled. there are guys that love the ergos and ride on them but do admit that they can be tough to get into the high 90's mph mark unless turboed.

there are guys that love the apex and vector xtx sleds for the riding you are describing and i am one of them as i own 2 apex xtx witch still have that kick in the pants feel when you zap the throttle while running on the trail. with clutching, the vectors and vipers can be made to be the same.

the last high performance 2 stroke was the 2004 sx viper and the slew of 600 sx ventures that floated around until the late 2000's.

you should join up over on ty4stroke.com as that is where the 4 stroke sleds have been discussed since 2003.

Back