02 viper rear suspension help needed

putzy

Trying to set up my 121 suspension on a 02 viper, greased ,replaced bushings, had shocks rebuilt, looking for a good starting point, weight 200. Should I set the center shock spring loose or put a bunch of preload on it? Rear shock not sure where to start, don't do a lot of jumping but like to ride trails hard. Thanks

The way I set my up was to take all the pre-load of the front shock but keep it tight enough so the spring doesn't rattle. The rear shock should be set-up so that when you sit on the machine the rear transfer rods are about in the middle like 50/50.

The way I set my up was to take all the pre-load of the front shock but keep it tight enough so the spring doesn't rattle. The rear shock should be set-up so that when you sit on the machine the rear transfer rods are about in the middle like 50/50.

X2. Then adjust from there.

Don't want to jump in and sound like a wise guy but there was
no mention on how tight his limiter strap is and if its loose with
no preload or very little on the front and he''s 200lbs. there maybe
loss of ski pressure for cornering ? Or am I wrong ? Just so he knows.

Don't want to jump in and sound like a wise guy but there was
no mention on how tight his limiter strap is and if its loose with
no preload or very little on the front and he''s 200lbs. there maybe
loss of ski pressure for cornering ? Or am I wrong ? Just so he knows.

I left the limiter strap in the stock position. I really didn't notice a problem with this set-up but am always open for a better set-up ( I weigh about 230 lbs.) Do you think I should change the position on the limiter strap to another location.

Sorry I just got back to this post but yes. Depends on your riding style but not
to hack on tour weight because I'm right there with ya. I like running all the way tight
or on the second, I think theres 5 holes but any way and then set with little pre load
and the rear a little more. Depending on how your shocks are valved and on and on.
Thats the way I have run mine but its just a suggestion u can try. GOOD LUCK

Back