Srx air box picture?

nick5oh

Can anyone show me a pic of the inside of a stock srx airbox? It appears there are channels in it that a “wall” would fit into to divide the cylinders. Basically what I mean is that the lowest part of the box would be split into three sections.

Right now my air box is just wide open in the bottom. Then there’s the piece which I believe is referred to as a “shelf”(flat tray with 3 holes), then there’s the top half of the box and then the filter cage.

Wondering if my air box is modded and that’s why my jets are bigger than stock. If I remember correctly.....
Stock 146.3 clutch side and middle (1&2), and then mag side (3) is 148.8?

Thanks guys

HELLO, don't want to say anything on your jetting but
I've had many SRX's from 98 to 02 and thats the stock
air box. You may have already figured that out but if not
hope this will help.

HELLO, don't want to say anything on your jetting but
I've had many SRX's from 98 to 02 and thats the stock
air box. You may have already figured that out but if not
hope this will help.

Confused? I know the box is stock I just know that there’s dividers missing from bottom half of it.

Yamaha removed those dividers at some point. I think it was the 2000 they stopped putting those in there. I had the same question a while back when I got an airbox off of a 01. As long as you keep the shelf in there you will be fine.

Yamaha removed those dividers at some point. I think it was the 2000 they stopped putting those in there. I had the same question a while back when I got an airbox off of a 01. As long as you keep the shelf in there you will be fine.

Trying to get with the lingo know what I mean. The shelf is the piece that goes on top of the lower half of the box that has the three holes with the tubes in it correct?

i see you live in Huntsville so why don't you contact Todd @ Total Recreation (tel 866-680-8316) in Insfill and see if you can get some used dividers (part #'s 22 and 23 on the microfiche pic) to put back in if that is missing. Then you'll have to look at your jetting to make sure it's correct or if it's been changed for that 99.

Last edited:
Trying to get with the lingo know what I mean. The shelf is the piece that goes on top of the lower half of the box that has the three holes with the tubes in it correct?

Yes. You have the shelf. I ran my 99 for a long time like that and had no problems.

Well I guess I'm a DUMMY ? You had me thinking that Yamaha ripped me off
back in the fall of 02 when I bought a new 02 and it didnt have them.Sorry to
lead u wrong but really I have had over 30 SRX's the 02 being the only New one
but I honestly have never had a 98 or 99 with the dividers. I do see 98 and 99 had
them and 00 to 02 did not. My BAD !

Don’t necessarily want the dividers just wanted a heads up on what’s needed for jetting if anything and if there was anything else that needs to be done with out them installed.
Thanks for all the help guys

Back