2003 Vmax 2up seat options

ClayNation

Hello -

I recently purchased my first sled - a 2003 Vmax 600ER (1100 miles in excellent condition)....I am very excited to ride and care for this sled. I would like to occasionally take my 12 yr old daughter on short rides with me, and since the Vmax is a one person sled, I am considering installing a Seat-Jack for comfort and safety.

However, I have found a true Yamaha 2up seat from a 1997 Vmax. I am wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to install the 1997 2up seat on a 2003 Vmax. I think this would be a better look / comfort than the Seat-Jack.

Also, if anyone has any experience with the Seat-Jack, I certainly would like to hear your comments.

Thank you!

the seat will bolt right on
fd7b321c6e6fa8b2327b6ce0ec5da81a.jpg

here’s an sxr with the seat off a venture, yamaha offered the seat and backrest as a very expensive option for the vmax when new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the seat will bolt right on
fd7b321c6e6fa8b2327b6ce0ec5da81a.jpg

here’s an sxr with the seat off a venture, yamaha offered the seat and backrest as a very expensive option for the vmax when new

the above pic isn’t mine but i’ve seen several done and talked to people who’ve done it, it even looks like the holes for the back rest/ grips is already drilled in the tunnel and the plug for the passenger heated grips is already there

Just a warning. Not all Venture seats will work. The later style seats like my 2000 Venture and my brother's 99 Venture are much longer and would need a tunnel extension to fit. Witch would look ridiculous on a short track sled! Lol

Last edited:
Just a warning. Not all Venture seats will work. The later style seats like my 2000 Venture and my brother's 99 Venture are much longer and would need a tunnel extension to fit. Witch would look ridiculous on a short track sled! Lol

Thank you for the information!

he had mentioned a 97, all 97s should have the short seat.... but what’s confusing is that sxr i posted has the newer backrest and looks like the longer seat? i’m searching for one for mine at the moment could you take a measurement of the total length of you’re seat for me please?

edit: not that i saw the picture you posted i can see the differences in the seat. the sxr def doesn’t have that seat but it does appear to have that backrest? our 97 venture 500 has a lot smaller backrest

Last edited:
he had mentioned a 97, all 97s should have the short seat.... but what’s confusing is that sxr i posted has the newer backrest and looks like the longer seat? i’m searching for one for mine at the moment could you take a measurement of the total length of you’re seat for me please?

edit: not that i saw the picture you posted i can see the differences in the seat. the sxr def doesn’t have that seat but it does appear to have that backrest? our 97 venture 500 has a lot smaller backrest

Length is about 33”.
2CCCF1B9-80A8-4B1D-805D-C0BD83DE36F4.jpeg

I have a Seat-Jack and it is pretty slick. Fits on nice and you can take it off so its not there is you are riding solo. All you have on the sled when the seat is not on are the rails for it but they really are not visible.
Bought it so my daughter can ride with me on it but she likes riding in front of me not behind me. I am actually selling it if anybody is interested.
The benefit in my opinion of the Seat-Jack is that it can be removed and you don't have that rear seat there all the time.

I have a Seat-Jack and it is pretty slick. Fits on nice and you can take it off so its not there is you are riding solo. All you have on the sled when the seat is not on are the rails for it but they really are not visible.
Bought it so my daughter can ride with me on it but she likes riding in front of me not behind me. I am actually selling it if anybody is interested.
The benefit in my opinion of the Seat-Jack is that it can be removed and you don't have that rear seat there all the time.

if you weren’t in canada i’d take it , i’m sure shipping to pa would suck

Back