98 Venture 700 - Trailing Arm options?

vipermike2002

Bent the right side trailing arm and ski trail riding last weekend. 98 Venture 700. What are my best options for replacement? Can I put on any used trailing arm(s) from SX sleds? Should I go the new aftermarket route? Sled has only 3,000 miles on it any original trailing arms look kinda rusty. I feel that contributed to the damage.

Girlfriend "hit a rock".

2r7c188.jpg

i have heard that the aftermarket trailing arms are not as strong as the oe ones. when i did the "loved" one on my sx500r, the cb performance kit was worth the upgrade as it was only double the price of the parts i needed for one side but took over 20lb off the nose of the sled. you could throw a set of tuners from a sr viper or sidewinder on there for new skis or a set of apex/rx ones if you have them. will steer better for sure over those steel skis in the pic.

Any trailing arm from a long travel front end will work fine, the sx and srx trailing arm will fit but the geometry is off slightly i wouldn't recommend one of those.

Ended up finding a post on here explaining the different trailing arms. My Venture had the "R" trailing arms as indicated on the front of them.

V - 7" travel (SX, SRX) 23.5 caster 10* shock bracket angle
S - 6.7" travel (MM, PZML) 25.5 caster 7* shock bracket angle
R - 9" travel (high profile ski) 25.5 caster 10* shock bracket angle
M - 9" travel (low profile 8DM ski or newer) 25.5* caster 10* shock bracket angle

Back