01 Srx steering post/column on a 2000 Venture

tomseal6

VIP Member
Hi all,

Another part swap question so I was wondering if a steering shaft from a 01 SRX will fit on a 2000 venture 600.

Thank you

Hi all,

Another part swap question so I was wondering if a steering shaft from a 01 SRX will fit on a 2000 venture 600.

Thank you

check the cross reference on partzilla or some other parts website, from what i can see it’s not the same part number but it shows it fits some years venture and sx chassis phazer and also the viper and venom... not sure if there is color difference and that’s why they don’t show it fitting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for advice . I think the 01 srx post is also an upgrade made stronger and or possibbly different length.

Maybe somebody can verify

Thank you Maim. Carbs are still on the motor but air box has been removed.

Can the post be replaced on a 2000 Venture with the motor still in the sled? That would suck to remove motor for a steering post

other than the hump in the srx post, they look like they should mount in the same.

i thought the same but it’s odd that they list it as fitting the venture xl (500fan) for year 2000 but not the others, and it also lists it for the 2004 600 twin... either partzilla has an incomplet comparability chart or there is indeed a difference that’ll make it not fit not sure if that hump would interfere with anything or it’s just the fact that it wasn’t needed for that motor configuration so they used a straight one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

never had to change one on a trailing arm sled tomseal6, but on the older leafers and pogo sleds, i had to lean the motor way forward to do the tie rod on the bottom of the shaft.

I can tell you first hand.
I tried to put a srx offset shaft in my 1997 xtc 600.
Will not work, because each sled has a dimple in the bulkhead, to clear the shaft, on the srx, it’s a much larger dimple than the xtc had.
I do not know what years had the larger dimple, but any sled that has it, will be able to use the offset shaft.

Back