Viper spindles and trailing arms on SRX

tomseal6

VIP Member
I bought some wide aluminum radius rods and will buy some gytr shocks to properly long travel the front end on my 01 SRX.

Will it help out more for stability if a put on a set of viper trailing arms and spindles?

I bought some wide aluminum radius rods and will buy some gytr shocks to properly long travel the front end on my 01 SRX.

Will it help out more for stability if a put on a set of viper trailing arms and spindles?

With the longer spindles of the Viper, I would think the answer to your question is no.

I think Viper and XTC trailing arms are the same, except the Viper arms have a taller spindle, which allow you to use newer style skis without losing ride height.

Last edited:
Ok thank you. I'm just waiting on my wider radius rods.

My short ohlins need rebuilt but I have decided to go with GYTR shocks for easier tuning on the trail

Tom: when I built the Black SRX I use Viper trailing arms because I was told the have a bit more positive caster in them, aftermarket wide kit and Viper length Ohlins with the brackets sold by BETHEVIPER. One thing if you install a wide kit it is best to extend the lower shock mount inward to keep the shock at the factory angle or they will lean in too much. I had a metal fabricator modify my Viper arms and actually the lower shock mount a bit stronger now. Oh and the APEX skis fit like a glove tooSRX SHOCK MOD.jpg

Attachments

• BLACK SRX.jpg
    BLACK SRX.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated. Can you further explain leaning in too much?

I have decided to stay with SRX trailing arms

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated. Can you further explain leaning in too much?

I have decided to stay with SRX trailing arms

Think about a stock SRX and the angle of the shocks. If you widen the stance 4 inches total or 2 inches per side the lower mount moves out and the shock angle changes. As the angle increases the effectiveness of the shock changes. To keep the stock angle I modified the lower mount to move the shock lower mount back to its stock location. Not 1000% needed but I did it on both my SRX projects

Ok. Thanks for clarifying that. I am going to give it a go with some fresh GYTR shocks.

In the future would I be able to send you my trailing arms and pay shipping both ways if the angle becomes a problem in my driveability of the sled? Not much around here for me to extend a lower shock mount.

Again, thank you.

Tom

when you say your using gytr shocks, what are you using? do not use any four stroke shocks with fixed eyelit in the bottom. They will bust off from binding unless you machine them out and press in a heim

Back