sx700r ride height ?

kastner03

can someone take a measurement , snowflap rivets to the ground with the suspension unloaded... mine seems to sit lower than most i see in pictures. just got it and presume it’s all stock looks like the front shock on the skid, the preload is cranked most of the way up and the back one is halfway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are your front limiter straps? Make sure they arent sucked up too far!

ill have to look into that, i’m new to this stuff.... spent many years on yamahas with basically no rear suspension [emoji23] this is my first newish sled... although still almost 20 years old still seems new compared to late 70’s and early 80’s stuff should preload be adjusted evenly on both shocks? i’m a bigger guy so i probably need it turned up anyway

You could post a couple pics of how the sled is sitting.

a504782ad95b81962aa71d80076a5ff5.jpg

only one i have at the moment

Beautiful sled you've got there!

I find all those short track proactions always look too low, but I'm also used to the style of a long track Venture that's set up for back country riding.

Attachments

• received_1125168927650490.jpg
    received_1125168927650490.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 23
  • received_556956484750700.jpg
    received_556956484750700.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Best I can tell looks fine. Your transfer rods don’t looked gapped at bottom with no weight. That’s all the height you get.
May be able to adjust FRA depending which spot you have it in at pic. Also increasing preload in rear spring may help. Where is the transfer rod gap when sitting in sled? Need more info.

Best I can tell looks fine. Your transfer rods don’t looked gapped at bottom with no weight. That’s all the height you get.
May be able to adjust FRA depending which spot you have it in at pic. Also increasing preload in rear spring may help. Where is the transfer rod gap when sitting in sled? Need more info.

8dedcdbfd3d98f7eb7cb811555f5a05e.jpg
pic sitting on it with my 3 year old son, about 300lbs total weight idk what fra is? the 3 hole adjustment for the rear shock is in the middle as is the pre load, the preload on the front skid shock looks cranked up a bit

FRA is the adjustment for the rear big shock.
If you look where the shock mount is, you will see that you can loosen the bolt, and move it to one of three positions.
Lowest is stiffest, which is what you want.
If your sitting that low, i would guess your shock needs to be recharged, or rebuilt.

FRA is the adjustment for the rear big shock.
If you look where the shock mount is, you will see that you can loosen the bolt, and move it to one of three positions.
Lowest is stiffest, which is what you want.
If your sitting that low, i would guess your shock needs to be recharged, or rebuilt.

that is set in the middle and like i said the preload on the rear shock is also in the middle i may need to change both , not sure why the previous owner cranked up the preload on the front skid shock but not the rear one. it really sucks having to get off to be able to use reverse without the track eating the snow flap

Front spring should have no preload, just enough to keep spring in place. About 15mm on bolt showing on limiters. Then adjust preload in rear spring so the transfer rod has 50/50 gap with ou sitting on it. Spring is ride height, shock is rebound. Keep fra in middle. The stiff setting will get you height but will ride stiff. Use rear spring preload to get your gap setting correct.

I would do both.

if i change rear shock preload settings, do i need to change limiter strap settings? or can i just crank the shock preload up and be done with it? i had a better look at it tonight and it appears the rear most shock may actuality be preloaded less than half. sorry for sounding dumb, i’ve never messed with rear suspension adjustments on a sled before

Back