secondary clutch end play?

kastner03

should the secondary move side to side on the jack shaft? it seems to be causing a bang or other type of noise if i spike the brakes hard quickly. my dad has a 98 venture with only 400 miles on it and it has the same end play so i’m not sure if this is normal or not? but i doubt anything is worn on his sled at 400 miles, he’s had it since new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it had apx 2mm end play.

that’s probably about what it has, is it normal for it to make a clunk noise when grabbing the brakes hard and quick? i assume it’s not but nothing else seems to have any play in it and the noise sounds like it’s coming from near the secondary clutch

also is in the play built into the reverse chaincase for it to function properly.

it just seems odd to hear a clank when jabbing the breaks quick i can make the same noise if i yank out on the secondary real quick by hand. so if it’s play in the brake it must be resonating across and the secondary play is the noise i hear...sorry for seeming dumb on the topic, i’ve been out of the sled game for many many years

i have heard that clunk on brake application on all my yamahas with reverse since 1990 models.

maybe i won’t worry about it then, since nothing seems loose

Back