Mountain Max Skid into SXR Help!!!

vanslay

I have been attempting to get the skid out of my 2000 mm 600 into my 2000 sxr. I copied the hole locations measuring from the front of the heat exchanger to each hole. When putting the skid in last night I could not get them line up. It seems the front holes and back holes would mount but the middle holes took a ton of tension to get them in. I also tried doing it the way you do on the 121 by bolting the front hole first, then middle, then rear and would run into the same problem.

I remeasured today and it seems like the rear holes with the drop bracket are about a cm too far forward. There is a ton of tension on the track too. Does any one have any mounting diagrahms for a 141 skid (or even a 136) that I can compare too.

If my theory is correct I feel that the rear holes being too close to the middle will make it impossible because the scissors just wont fit.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

-Jeff

Additional note.... I did get all 6 holes in last night but the suspension would not compress at all, seemed like the rear shock was bound or something.

I have been attempting to get the skid out of my 2000 mm 600 into my 2000 sxr. I copied the hole locations measuring from the front of the heat exchanger to each hole. When putting the skid in last night I could not get them line up. It seems the front holes and back holes would mount but the middle holes took a ton of tension to get them in. I also tried doing it the way you do on the 121 by bolting the front hole first, then middle, then rear and would run into the same problem.

I remeasured today and it seems like the rear holes with the drop bracket are about a cm too far forward. There is a ton of tension on the track too. Does any one have any mounting diagrahms for a 141 skid (or even a 136) that I can compare too.

If my theory is correct I feel that the rear holes being too close to the middle will make it impossible because the scissors just wont fit.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

-Jeff

I can take measurements and pictures of my 136" Venture for you, but it won't be till tomorrow

Last edited:
So, one thing to check.
The entire top arm that the big shock mounts to.
The part that mounts to the frame rails can either flip forward or back.
It is supposed to be in the back position, away from the 2 smaller inner wheels.
If its in the forward position, it will rest against the 2 smaller inner wheels.

So, one thing to check.
The entire top arm that the big shock mounts to.
The part that mounts to the frame rails can either flip forward or back.
It is supposed to be in the back position, away from the 2 smaller inner wheels.
If its in the forward position, it will rest against the 2 smaller inner wheels.

It is back... It's almost like the track is too tight... I can get the front 2 bolts in and the middle on one side, when it comes to put the other side in for the middle it takes an extreme amount of pressure to get it lined up with the hole. I took the rear transfer rod bolts out and it seemed to help a little but I am stumped.

Another thought... Could changing the shocks be the culprit? I swapped the shocks from the sxr skid into the mm skid. They all seemed to be the same length except for the front which is limited down now.

I always loosen the transfer rod bolts almost all the way, makes that center one much easier to get in.

Mountain max in the front, has shocks that are between a short travel (SX and SRX) length, and long travel(XTC, Viper)length.
Im not positive about the rear length of the shocks, but, I would think it shouldn't affect it, as you can long travel a 121" with just the long travel shocks and longer limiter straps.

136" Venture chassis and skid.
-From forward bolt to middle 19",
-Middle bolt is 3" above the foot rest surface.
-From middle bolt to center of drop bracket 15.5"

Attachments

• received_555509604948172.jpg
    received_555509604948172.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
So great news!!! I got it in! MurderYamaha was right the back swing arm was froze. Worked it with some pb blaster and a hammer, broke it free and now we are good to go! I'll post some videos soon! Thanks to everyone that helped I don't know if I would of ever figured it out if it wasnt for you guys at TY!

Back