Jetting adjustments for ported cylinders?

Apher

I just picked up another 2000 700 Mt max. It has some trail porting and pipes on it. The guy claimed it ran great 2 yrs before. (not so sure anymore) But he did not ride it last year. It ran like crappy when i test rode it. I offered him less hoping it was just the carbs from sitting for 2 years. But it is still running like crap. I bogs really bad and floods out.

With multiple sleds I have ALOT of spare parts and have swapped CDI, Stator, Coils, Plugs, Cleaned the carbs 3 times, I have even dropped the main jets a couple steps.

I have 3 other Mt max 700's. All i with pipes. 1 has similar trail porting, but also has over sized carbs. (So i really can not use it for reference)

I am riding at 6000 to 10000 ft.

So here is my question from a stock motor with pipes to this motor with porting and pipes.
When I got it. It had 142.5 mains. I have dropped it to 137.5 but I am not noticing any difference. (My others with stock motors are running at 132.5 or 135 mains.)
Should I keep going down?
If so around about how much?
Up or down from the stock motors?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

SLP (Starting Line)

I’m sure that you could call slp and they will tell you exactly what needs to be in it for their pipes at that altitude. Then from there it’s just finding how much to go with the port job. That’s how I would go about it I’m sure you were looking for more help but I’m not familiar with running at high altitudes or slps

Back