Calling on betheviper!

JERSEYJOE

I was wondering if you still sell the SRX front upper shock mount conversions that allow you to install a stock Viper shock

could these work the opposite way so a set of srx shocks could be put on a viper? have a set of srx shocks, would be easy way to lower front for racing

I have done it. you can use brackets from the first three years of sx sleds. they will bolt right in the upper mount. The lower hole needs to be drilled and taped out for a bolt. be aware, the lower hole on one side doesn't have alot of meat around it. Be careful tightening and I did crack mine along the bolt. It never loosened up but did crack. I ran short travel ohlins on my viper for a year. looked great, handled great, ride wasn't as good as the long ohlins or the kyb shocks though. I was looks over ride. for racing you can also bolt in srx rear shocks and it will drop you down alot. Back the rear spring off some before you install it. a good rule of thumb is to have the heat exchanges covering even with or a little below the top of the wheel. I start with setting limiters with a 2x4 under the front skis and take up the limiter till it is tight with a person on the sled. transfer rods touching but not engaged. This is a starting point only but with chissles on a cut track or speed track will get you close. the rest is engagement, track, and fat *** adjustments.

Back