Clutch engages and then a jerks a couple of hundred rpms later

norwegian

Had my primary done by a mechanic. I told him to shim the slider "pucks" with 0,5 mm shims from a v max 500 from the 90s. The MM also has a drag and fly heeclicker set up. This have worked good until this season. Could the shims cause too little clearance between the pucks and the area they shift on? Also, due to clearance issues, he only put every other in there, not 6 but 3 in total. I looked at it at it looked pretty snug. The clutch engages at like 4600 or something and jerks at 5000 rpm. I have checked the weights and they move freely, also checed the rollers, they move freely. What's wrong here?

Had my primary done by a mechanic. I told him to shim the slider "pucks" with 0,5 mm shims from a v max 500 from the 90s. The MM also has a drag and fly heeclicker set up. This have worked good until this season. Could the shims cause too little clearance between the pucks and the area they shift on? Also, due to clearance issues, he only put every other in there, not 6 but 3 in total. I looked at it at it looked pretty snug. The clutch engages at like 4600 or something and jerks at 5000 rpm. I have checked the weights and they move freely, also checed the rollers, they move freely. What's wrong here?

Sounds too tight to me..

It's a heelclicker primary spring. I can check it because I have to take out the heelclicker weights before sending it to my mechanic, he hates heelclickers. I accidentally installed wrong on another clutch and the spring got caugt on the edge of the cup, it wouldnt have engaged at all. I will check the secondary as well. BTW did you ever get that HC kit installed on that V max? XT?

Back