Ovation Bog, stalling after reving high on stand, bogs under load

DrewskiScootin

Hi All,
Have a 93 ovation with 1100 miles. Had it to a mechanic last year for this issue and he couldn't figure it out, still bogs under load.

Carb has been cleaned and adjusted about 20 times- its the dual barrel tekei - all stock, new stock jets and choke plunger. Compression is 125 both holes.

New carb boot, plugs, plug caps, belt, fuel pump diaphrams. pulse line is good. TORS disabled (plugged together).
pulser was checked by mechanic and he said all looked good other than "tuning that damn carb"

Sled will start and idle great. accelerates 1st time after started on stand no problem. Bogs when coming down from the high revs and wants to stall without choke.

On ground, with person it will zip for first acceleration then bog, not shift out.

Thoughts on if this could be clutching, spark, or fuel?
Any suggestions? had 2 years and my daughter has only been on it for about 30 mins due to this issue.
Thank You!

throw a new primary spring on it and clean the clutches to start with.

my et410 needs a new clutch spring as it is bogging because the spring is not strong enough to back shift in the primary and keep the rpms up when in the powder. this will be the 2nd time i do it for this probllem in the 19 years i have owned the sled. did all the other stuff before i said heck with it and tried a spring. best $20 i spent on that sled.

Back