Need 340 electrical information...

MikeWalters

I have a pair of 340 Ovations, elec start

The headlights run AC voltage off the stator, and there are a handful of things that run off the DC power. Tail light is DC12v, the illumination bulb for the speedo is DC12v. I am wondering how much amperage is available??

I have swapped the tail light to an LED. It is MUCH brighter than a standard 1157, and draws half as much power or less.

I could swap the speedo to LED, but that would maybe get me 0.10 amps extra.

Where I am going with this is, I have some H4 LED bulbs I'd like to use. They will not accept AC voltage. They are 36w, VS the 55/60w of a halogen.

Does the 12v charging system have enough power to run this headlight along with anything else needing 12vDC?? Or will I be draining down the battery more and more every time we fire it up?

Was going to swap the supply for the headlight switch from an AC wire to a 12vDC. I realize this means there is excess AC amperage NOT being drawn off the stator, but I do not know that effect either.

THANKS for any help!

on my 1997 et410 that has ac for the headlamp bulb, i run rocks toyz led head lamp kit with no problems and when i installed it it had no e start at all.

Back