Finally able to ride my “new” 2002 Viper tonight and WOW I’m hooked!

mmordan

I just picked up the sled a couple of weeks ago. First sled I’ve owned. Ridden since I was a kid on family machines. Last rode on a 97 600 V-max. This sled is just night and day in terms of power, balance, and suspension. I went through and cleaned the carbs and power valves per recommendations on this site. Topped off fluids and premium gas and after a couple of putts around the yard I was off. I had worried about overheating because last week we had a little snow and I had it out but the temperature light came on after about 5 min of riding but the snow was barely there :letitsnow. So I shut it down and began reading more. Bought an Opticool head gasket waiting for it in mail and some ski-mount scratchers not mounted (just showed up). So today we get dumped on and I gotta ride. 40 min of tearing *** around and no temperature light. Running sweet, I love my new ride!!!

Last edited:

Glad to read your sled's "temp light" ON was only a temporary event.

Ya. I'm hooked (or re-hooked) on sledding as well. The older age 60's-70's sleds I grew up on don't even compare to today's new technology sleds. Just think.... In 20-30 years from today, our current new technology sleds won't even compare either. Funny how sledding technology gets better and better in time..... LOL!

Back