Yamaha Ovation Teikei carburetor help!

Doctor Ted

My 1992 Yamaha Ovation uses a Teikei Y26W-2 carburetor. It is a single opening twin carburetor. The choke plate is held in place by three screws and has the choke cable running through a hole in the center of the plate. Upon removing the choke cable, then the choke plate I have noticed that each carburetor has a porting for a welch plug. The welch plugs are about 1/4 inch in diameter. Holes in each carburetor body were drilled to allow the installation of the brass fuel tubes in the throat of each carburetor by the manufacturer. These access holes were then plugged using welch plugs. However, MY carburetor is missing one welch plug. The left carburetor has the welch plug - the right carburetor just has an open hole. Does anyone know if there should be a bezel plug in place for each carburetor or is one carburetor suppose to have an open welch plug hole? If it is suppose to be open I would like to know why as this makes no sense to me. There was no loose welch plug floating around in the carburetor either! The snow machine will start and idle very roughly and just bog when the throttle is applied. Can somebody take their choke plate off and look for me? You do not need to remove the choke cable to do this - just the three screws holding the choke plate on! The choke plate will slide up the choke cable so you can view the welch plugs. Thanks to everyone who reads this! The answer is out there somewhere!

might be able to help you out as the et410 used it as well. some one might get to it faster but i could get to it in a few days for you.

My 1992 Yamaha Ovation uses a Teikei Y26W-2 carburetor. It is a single opening twin carburetor. The choke plate is held in place by three screws and has the choke cable running through a hole in the center of the plate. Upon removing the choke cable, then the choke plate I have noticed that each carburetor has a porting for a welch plug. The welch plugs are about 1/4 inch in diameter. Holes in each carburetor body were drilled to allow the installation of the brass fuel tubes in the throat of each carburetor by the manufacturer. These access holes were then plugged using welch plugs. However, MY carburetor is missing one welch plug. The left carburetor has the welch plug - the right carburetor just has an open hole. Does anyone know if there should be a bezel plug in place for each carburetor or is one carburetor suppose to have an open welch plug hole? If it is suppose to be open I would like to know why as this makes no sense to me. There was no loose welch plug floating around in the carburetor either! The snow machine will start and idle very roughly and just bog when the throttle is applied. Can somebody take their choke plate off and look for me? You do not need to remove the choke cable to do this - just the three screws holding the choke plate on! The choke plate will slide up the choke cable so you can view the welch plugs. Thanks to everyone who reads this! The answer is out there somewhere!

I know this is an old thread, but did you ever figure out this missing plug info? My et410 has a bad bog all of a sudden and I noticed that one of those plugs is gone. Thanks!

Back