2000 srx 700 bog

ran sled last year and ran great. never had problem with sled. old faithful. 1600 miles on it . 130 compression on all cylinders. ran sled in deep snow last year and ran it hard and went awesome. next day it was bogging. i cleaned carbs and they were clean as can be. this year i ran and it runs great with healthy pull till around 60 or 70 mph and with throttle wide open it speeds up but not pulling hard and dont sound right, its not really bogging but engine sounds to b struggling. reeds look like new. what can it be? and yes i know how to clean carbs properly. also did put new plugs in it br9ecs i beleive. valves have never been cleaned, always used intercepter. how can it go one day runs like a ferrari to next day have no pull on top end?

Last edited:

I don't know how much of a difference the concave plugs would make, but they are supposed to be BR9es plugs.
You don't mention what peak rpm you're getting, but power valves should be cleaned and checked as well like MrSled mentioned. Usually if not opening up they will limit the peak rpms and you'll only get around 7000 or so rpm.

If power valves check out, wire harness rub through can cause all kinds of issues too.

ran sled last year and ran great. never had problem with sled. old faithful. 1600 miles on it . 130 compression on all cylinders. ran sled in deep snow last year and ran it hard and went awesome. next day it was bogging. i cleaned carbs and they were clean as can be. this year i ran and it runs great with healthy pull till around 60 or 70 mph and with throttle wide open it speeds up but not pulling hard and dont sound right, its not really bogging but engine sounds to b struggling. reeds look like new. what can it be? and yes i know how to clean carbs properly. also did put new plugs in it br9ecs i beleive. valves have never been cleaned, always used intercepter. how can it go one day runs like a ferrari to next day have no pull on top end?

Mark your sheaves with a permanent marker and go for å wot pull. Check the sheaves on both drive and driven clutch to see if it push/pulls down the belt as it should. Could be a clutch issue.

Back