2000 srx 700 wont go over 7000 rpm

valves are clean. carbs are clean. clutch looks great. what am i missing? plugs are new. br9ecs. i tested servo and it opens and closes

Last edited:

reeds are great. sled has 1600 miles on it. ill check clutch again. when i run it it goes to 7000 rpm with alot of pull then motor sounds like it is struggling but doesnt bog just engine sounds different.

corrosion in the clutch. seen it a few times when getting old sleds that sat back out on the trails.

its gotta b the clutch cause everything looks great to me. i know nothing about clutches. i know the rollers look great and the spring is not broken, unless i have to take clutch off completly to inspect it. thx for all your help . ill pull clutch and check it out even though i dont know what to look for. also i noticed my compression was 120 120 and 122. i used 2 different compression tools and both were the same. is that low?

Last edited:
its gotta b the clutch cause everything looks great to me. i know nothing about clutches. i know the rollers look great and the spring is not broken, unless i have to take clutch off completly to inspect it. thx for all your help . ill pull clutch and check it out even though i dont know what to look for. also i noticed my compression was 120 120 and 122. i used 2 different compression tools and both were the same. is that low?

Compression is good. Check the secondary clutch. I had a similar issue a couple years ago on my viper. I changed the secondary spring and it fixed it. Also be sure the valves aren't upside down. The big bevel goes down

i put new fuel pump. new springs in both primary and secondary. new spark plugs . new belt. the same freaking results. reeds are excellent. carbs cleaned. on a stand i wot it and it goes to 6500 then drops to 6000 then slowly and awfully climbs up to and past 8k. the sled has 1600 miles on it and everything i replaced looked in great condition. what the little baby jesus am i missing????

Back