2004 Viper 700 clutch setup

put the helix in, give it a go. Stock shift point is 8400 report back what you get.

put the helix in, give it a go. Stock shift point is 8400 report back what you get.

Sorry to hi jack the post but I’m trying to set up my viper for 660ft snow drags and would love some advice on clutching set up. Bought the sled the way it is now, it has 9 tooth drivers, 1 3/4 track and 23/41 gearing. Has a Hartman helix marked RX-1, with a black secondary spring with a green got of paint on it. Haven’t pulled primary off yet so not sure what’s in it. It has slp triple pipes and silencers. Currently engages at 4000rpm and tops at around 8600rpms

I don't have a drag race clutch setup recommendation, but will say that you are under the peak rpm's you want. The sweet spot for SLP triples is 8900 rpms. I'm also unclear what you mean by "silencers", SLP triple pipes go into one can and then have one exhaust out of it. Are you sure they are SLP's? Sounds more like Benders with the peak rpm you're at and having individual stingers.

Last edited:

Back