Random bit surfaced after rear skid was out for track swap.. 98 VMAX 700 XTC Deluxe

pfunctional

Can't find on parts fiche, not 100% sure it came off the skid but looking for info before I pull it out again to check. Would seem to be a collar / solid bushing of some sort .. Guessing it would have sleeved one of the center bolts out of the 6 holding the skid on if anything ... Pic linked below... It was sitting next to this washer behind where I was working .. go me .. it appears by the mark in the washer they went together but the hole in the washer appears smaller than that of the bolts I removed to drop the skid!!! The righthand side in the side pit there is a 1/16th or so inner lip that appears grooved into the grease in the washer ... So its a mystery, I hate to drop it out again to not find this bit's home ...

Thanks !

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RFb9L3bi8UGcZzi79
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CmeqNbqkUYSjqK2f7

Looks like a sleeve that goes into the end of a rear shock to me.
In the ends of the big rear shock, and maybe the short one too(Cant recall) There are needle bearings, then a sleeve like that goes in there, then the blot would go through the sleeve.
If you had the rear shocks out of the skid, I would check the big shock first.

If you had the front apart, could also possibly be where the radius rods attach to the trailing arms.

Last edited:
Looks like a sleeve that goes into the end of a rear shock to me.
In the ends of the big rear shock, and maybe the short one too(Cant recall) There are needle bearings, then a sleeve like that goes in there, then the blot would go through the sleeve.
If you had the rear shocks out of the skid, I would check the big shock first.

If you had the front apart, could also possibly be where the radius rods attach to the trailing arms.

I was thinking that too about the rear shock in looking at the parts fiche - but I did not touch it .. I took the chain case apart and pulled the drive shaft and pulled the skid .. but all I did was grease the skid and put new sliders ... I'll have to check the shock again and make sure there's not a nut or bolt missing or something but I sincerely doubt that .. everything was looking proper when I compressed it to put the skid back in ..

Back