Viper rear suspension adjustment help

putzy

On my viper rear suspension, when u push down on it it goes down about 3 inches then comes to a stop like it is locked up, it doesn't seem to go smoothly through the suspension stroke as other sleds I have owned, is this the transfer rods causing this, shocks were just rebuilt and revalved getting frustrated trying to get this suspension to be plusher on the trail

It goes down and then it couples on the transfer rod, thats the stop you feel, at that point it links to the front shock and has to pull both shocks to go further.

Thanks for the info, I thought it probably had to do with the coupling, I thought I ask because there is a lot of people on this site that know what's going on .so if I set the springs softer that should take some of the harshness out of ride. :letitsnow

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I thought it probably had to do with the coupling, I thought I ask because there is a lot of people on this site that know what's going on .so if I set the springs softer that should take some of the harshness out of ride. :letitsnow

More Ride height in the rear shock srping will give you more gab on the transfer rods for better small bumps.

Back