Dupont Sliders

Just buy the 23$ (each) threw royal distributing. I get 5000 kms out of them. The coloured ones really set of a sled nicely.

Last edited:
THe current set I have have lasted about 4k I just don't know who made them. I figured the cheap ones from RD would last 1000 but will try them for that amount of KM. Thanks

I don't know if there is any truth to it but the Dealer told me the white ones actually wear a bit longer than the colored ones ? He claimed it had something to do with the molecular structure of the plastic .

I don't know if there is any truth to it but the Dealer told me the white ones actually wear a bit longer than the colored ones ? He claimed it had something to do with the molecular structure of the plastic .

I have a Co worker who rides 7000 to 8000 kms a season (crazy eh?) and he's noticed longer life from the white sliders too

I wasted 13 years of my life as a Set up/process tech for an injection moulding company. The only difference would be a colouring agent added to the non white ones or different plastic utilized in the process.

If a different plastic is used then wear would be different. I can't see them switching from one type of plastic to another to mould sliders when adding a few colour beads is 1000 times cheaper then changing over everything to make various colours.

I wasted 13 years of my life as a Set up/process tech for an injection moulding company. The only difference would be a colouring agent added to the non white ones or different plastic utilized in the process.

If a different plastic is used then wear would be different. I can't see them switching from one type of plastic to another to mould sliders when adding a few colour beads is 1000 times cheaper then changing over everything to make various colours.

So the molecular make up would not be the same, would it? I not science man.

Only longer lasting i know of is regular black, when u order them there is a hp added to the yamaha part number, not much more expensive and had graphite in them, u cant get them in any other color though, only available in black. They last a little longer but the bonus is they dont stick, even in marginal conditions like ice road or something u will start to smell them like normal but they dont really start to stick and slow u down like regular ones will.

Duponts do last alot longer but price reflects it, from what ive seen it equalls out to be the same, just less maintence since u dont have to change them often.

Not sure if there is a part number for proactions but they will fit from any newer model. Newer yamaha sleds have a little wider sliders on them but the inside on the rail is the same as the older sleds. They work fine, been using the wide ones on my srx's and viper's for like 10 years.

So the molecular make up would not be the same, would it? I not science man.

I'm by far a science man lol. But the molecular structure between colored resins should be the same. Black polycarbonate(lexan) would have the same as clear poly. When moulding headlights there were no recipe changes to the program from one colour to the next of same resin. Only when you changed plastic resin types did you change recipe figures like melt temps for the plastic, water temps, pressure etc. LIke I said I'm not an engineer or a science man just a guy who has injection moulded various types of plastics at high pressure for 13 years. Now I make womens sanitary napkins fro another company lol, I know I know how could I do that but the pay is what makes me do it.

Back