Enticer 300 jetting question after 30 over bore

mercer

I have bored a enticer 300, 30 over, and will be running a 340 carb. What jetting should I run with the carb? I am also not running the stock air box... It Is MIA. I have a home made one

I would go one size beyond the standard, which is 220.

I think you might need a different engine side boot, since the 340 is 34mm and the 300 is 32.

PMm me I have all the info

Hey JJ

I can't pm you yet, I need to have a total of 5 posts to do so. Probably to avoid bots PMing users.

You mentioned that I may need a new carb boot? I have the 340 carb installed seems to run ok. Bogs a bit from idle. I'm going to open up the 340 carb and double check what pilot and main jet its running.

You think I should just bump up the main jet one size bigger from the 300 carb to accommodate for the bore job and larger carb?

Thanks for the help

The 32 and 34 mm bodies had different characteristics. Knowing your model year and the exact type of your new carb will help pinpoint which jets to use.

I Believe it is a 1980 Enticer 300, the id numbers on the side of the 340 carb are "8J6 00"

8J600 is a B38-34 for a 340. I believe you would want to use a 220 main and 90 pilot. Depending on your elevation. But to verify, definitely do a couple plug chops.

Depends whose opinion you ask. Some guys swear by conversion, some guys are fine with the old ones. The thing with the old ones is that the pilot circuit has super small plumbing inside it, and it's inaccessible inside the walls of the carb. You have to really aggressively clean it in order to get those passages and the whole carb sparkling clean. An ultrasonic works good, or lots of carb cleaner and compressed air. The tiniest bit of crud in the pilot circuits will hurt idling and low end performance. Lots, and I mean lots, of people experience this. From carbs I've had apart, after 30-40 years of service, it only takes a couple years of sketchy fuel evaporating to leave scum in the bowl. Once you have scum in the bowl, it will go everywhere.

You can definitely switch over to a slide carb, but it's a few hundred bucks and a bit of tinkering.

And you will lose your oil injection with a Mik. Stock carbs are super simple and will last forever if maintained. If not they can turn to junk just like any other carb.

I would only consider swapping to a Mik if I were racing it or stock carb was junk and I could not find a stock replacement.

opsled

You actually can keep your oil injection by swapping out your thottle block to a double yoke block and using a longer oil cable. It's doable, but I like the old school butterfly well enough.

Back