Just because you found it that way

Dave-R

I have been working on repairing the false temp alarm on my 2002 SX Viper since I bought it months ago. I have replaced the sensor, chased down all the wiring, and that is a nasty job under the engine. I could get continuity from the gauge plug to the sensor, but no power. So I determined it was the gauge cluster not being able to power up the sensor. So I bought a used gauge on E-bay and plugged it in . Same flashing temp alarm as soon as it started. I'm studying the electric diagrams to death and finally I got it. At the headlight pigtail some of the wire colors changed on the other side of the connector. Checked the prints and they were not supped to change. I have a twin Viper same year and I looked at it's pigtail and the wire colors were the same on both sides . I swapped this pigtail out and now everything works wonderful. I found another headlight pigtail on E-bay and I will sell the gauge cluster. What disturbs me is I checked the temp sensor wire ( red/blue stripe) to the gauge cluster at least ten times and the wire always checked good. Maybe one of the other ten wires to the gauge cluster was not where it was supposed to be also. Anyway I guess someone replaced the pigtail from an older machine as there were some splices in the loom. Just because you find it that way, does not mean it's supposed to be that way. Dave-R Thanks to those of you who were trying to help me.

Good job Dave, I sure wish I had the electronics skill to be able to diagnose a problem like that.
I just start buying parts. Lol

Back