Picked Up a sled for my son

Thanks for the replies ... I'm still trying to get this together for a ride this weekend. Ran to Hauck today and got some parts - running back tomorrow to get the rest.

Got new seals, a lower bushing, o-rings, reeds, air filter foam, exhaust donut, Speedo brg, throttle cable, track, rebuilt the ohlins, rebuilt the skid shocks in the M10 and cleaned the carbs ... hopefully I can get her back together and she runs good!

Thanks for the replies ... I'm still trying to get this together for a ride this weekend. Ran to Hauck today and got some parts - running back tomorrow to get the rest.

Got new seals, a lower bushing, o-rings, reeds, air filter foam, exhaust donut, Speedo brg, throttle cable, track, rebuilt the ohlins, rebuilt the skid shocks in the M10 and cleaned the carbs ... hopefully I can get her back together and she runs good!

If you get friendly with the local muffler shop, they will let you match exhaust donuts up with the wall of them, I got 3 new ones for slp pipes, cost me $10 :)

If you get friendly with the local muffler shop, they will let you match exhaust donuts up with the wall of them, I got 3 new ones for slp pipes, cost me $10 :)
My local Midas shop owner graduated high school a few years ahead of me. I just took in my chewed & regeratated(ha-ha) donut in and he let me go thru his selection to find the exact one.

I know right!!!! Those donuts were all the way up high in the Garage area of the shop on a pegboard. He had a 10-15' stick w/ a nail thru the end to pick out the one you needed. Old school.

Geez!
You made it sound like you were on a budget! Lol
Isn't that how it starts? :) LOL - I knew there would be plenty more to spend $ on. Figure since I have it apart and don't have time to do it again I should replace bearings and such.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Well I got the sled up and running. It needed quite a bit more love ($$$) than I had thought but hopefully we can get some use out of it now.

Cleaned carbs, new reeds, throttle cable, y-pipe donut, chain case and drive shaft bearings, new ripsaw track and a BFN M-10 suspension too!

Attachments

• received_1068261376713992.jpg
    received_1068261376713992.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 14

Back