2 Cycle Engine Oil

dewieiii

I know this has been discussed before but have to bring it up again. I've been running Legend ZX2R semi-synthetic oil in my viper since day one, mainly because that's what was in it. Now in Canada Royal Distributing is no longer selling it nor can I find it anywhere in the area. What are you guys using for oil in your power valved machines?

Good old Amsoil Interceptor. I was told you get no build up or have to clean powervalves if you use it. That statement wasn't true, mine still require cleaning.

been running ipone synthetic in dads sx venture since new and only when i run other oils as i am out do the power valves get nasty. found some royal purple to try this season as well.

I've been using Canadian Tire's Castor 2T sled oil since I was a kid. Used it since my grandfather and father used it.

Some time ago, my wife told me many times to throw my AFTER sledding clothes outside / on the winter chain link fence - to air out. Ya, that Castor 2T stuff stinks really bad. And, I didn't realize it. Ouch!

Since then, I've switched to Amsoil Full Synthetic Injection sled/boat oil (regular IO since my sled doesn't have power valves) and my clothes smells much less. And being full synthetic, I was also able to "lean" the injection volume a little bit as well (for less smoke and better looking plugs). Like a human body, better food (like full synthetic blend) mean less volume for same output results. Thus, switching to Amsoil is a win-win in the long run.

Note: For Power Valve engine, I'd use "Amsoil Interceptor" mix.

Guess you can teach an old dog (me) a new trick.... LOL!

Last edited:

Back